It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Rectal & Anal Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2011, 01:26 PM   #1
(female)

greyzak HB User
Anyone ever hear of a Precancerous polyp on a hemorrhoid/

Hi,
I'm new to this board but not to Healthboards. I have a family history of colon cancer and a personal history of precancerous polyps (tubulovillous adenomas). For that reason, I get colonoscopies every 3 yrs. I am 54 yr old woman. I had a colonoscopy last year and they found a tubulovillous adenoma but never told me WHERE it was. The doctor who found it had me come back for removal which I found weird, but then she couldn't remove it completely and sent me to a rectal surgeon. In the meantime, many things happened in my life, one of them being having to have my thyroid out and them finding cancer. Anyway, long story short, I finally went to see a rectal surgeon a month ago and he told me that the polyp was on a hemorrhoid! So he wants to do a hemorrhoidectomy which I understand the recovery from it is AWFUL!
My question is this: Has anyone ever had a precancerous polyp removed from a hemorrhoid? I can't find this in any of the medical literature. My concern is this: If it is cancerous now and on a hemorrhoid which is a blood vessel, couldn't the cancer cells have already migrated to other areas of my body? And if it is still in the precancerous stage, couldn't the cells still have migrated and I am a ticking time bomb waiting for the cells to begin to grow and become cancer wherever they are?
Does anyone have any information on this? I would be so grateful if anyone else had heard of this or knew anything about it. I won't see my surgeon until the day of surgery and he isn't easy to reach.
Thanking anyone who helps me with this, in advance.
greyzak

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread