It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Rectal & Anal Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2011, 06:03 PM   #1
(female)

tspencer35 HB User
chronic rectal pain

My husband has had chronic rectal pain for 3 months now, he has had loose, frequent bm's for the last 10 years since having his gallbladder removed and for the last 3 months he has had constipation and sometimes even has to take laxatives. He has abdominal bloating, hepatoslenomegally. All of his liver test have come back normal so far. He had a colonoscopy yesterday and it looked pretty good except for a hemorrhoid, which was odd to me considering he was diagnosed in the past with ulcerative colitis. He has never seen this Doctor prior to his colonoscopy only the PA. The pa wrote the diag down as diarrhea, didn't even mention the rectal pain. Both me and my husband are pretty quiet and don't speak up good, we take what we are told. They are the professionals so we just listen. But I am worried. He had his colonoscopy yesterday and today he just feels awful and no appetite. The Doctor took several random biopsies even though the colon appeared normal. I am not sure if they took a biopsy of the hemorrhoid. That seems to be where is main problem is. He hasn't had a rectal exam. He feels full all the time, excessive gas, bloating constipation occasional rectal bleeding. Has anyone experienced any of these symptoms with normal colonoscopy, or could the hemorrhoid be misdiagnosed. please help. Thanks for reading. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by tspencer35; 11-08-2011 at 06:05 PM.

Closed Thread