It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Rectal & Anal Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2012, 11:25 AM   #1
(male)

ronmanky HB User
Anyone Ever Dealt with a Rectal Fistula?

Hi, I'm a 29 yo male, has anyone on here ever had or dealt with a rectal fistula(not a fissure)? I had been having some urinary symptoms like frequency but thought little of it, and then thought I had hemmroids, so they did a colonoscopy...The results were they found a tiny mass that the doctor wanted to remove...I wanted a second opinion, and a biopsy, so I went to another colorectal doctor...He did a biopsy (waiting on the results) and did a rectal exam. Said he thought my prostate was okay, (although he was quite elderly and a little hard to understand) he seemed to be competent. He claimed that he didn't think I needed any surgery to remove the mass...However he seemed to think I might have an anal fistula, which he claimed could cause frequent urination (though Im still a bit confused about the diagnosis) He seemed to think it might be in a tricky spot, and that maybe a urologist might be better suited to address the issue.... Has anyone here ever had one of these? I don't have any bleeding, or pain when I go, or for that matter urinating either...My only symptom seems to be frequent urination, but I am following up with a urologist...So to sum up, the first colorectal doctor wanted me to have a small mass surgically removed, but didn't do a biopsy, and the second colorectal doctor suggested the mass was very tiny and should not need surgery...Although he did a biopsy on it...He seemed to think I should "wait and see". The only real irritating symptoms Im having are frequent urination, but not sure if that's due to a supposed anal fistula or just a basic urinary frequency issue....Should I seek yet a third colorectal opinion, and follow up with my urologist? Im just confused.. Thanks for any advice/input!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread