It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Rectal & Anal Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2012, 03:46 PM   #1
(female)

justlonely HB User
rectal squamous cell carcinoma - all alone

i was give diagnosis of rectal squamous cell carcinoma in March of 2010...the chemo treatments i took were 5FU and Mitomycin...plus 25 radiation treatments.....the chemo treatments were very rough....side effects caused a rare blood disorder called TTP...all of the above cause my kidneys to fail...caused heart damage (congestive heart failure)..i lost 73 lbs....and was already thin....i had to take plasma fresis for the TTP which did not work for me..so i ended taking another chemo called Rutuxin....that worked..I was on kidney dialysis for 11 months....i still am very sick and it's been 2 years....the radiation has made my bowels something to contend with....when i have bowel movements i still bleed....and have lesions...don't know if it ever gets any better..they say the cancer is gone....but with the issues that i continue to have going back to see my cancer dr this month..I went from 173 lbs down to 98 lbs...i have put back on 19 lbs..now puts me back up to 117.....I don't understand why i have been continued to live on...i guess there is a purpose i just wish I knew why...because my husband of 22 years has now decided he doesn't want a sick wife anymore and has walked out on me........does it ever end..

The following user gives a hug of support to justlonely:
sistoo (04-12-2012)
Old 06-03-2012, 07:54 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nassau one HB UserNassau one HB UserNassau one HB UserNassau one HB User
Re: rectal squamous cell carcinoma - all alone

I rarely check the boards but am concerned that you received no replies to your post. I think you must have been incredibly brave over the past few years to have survived all you have been through. I hope that you have other family members who can support you and nurture you so that you can continue to improve. You have come so far. Do keep us updated on how you are doing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2012, 08:34 AM   #3
(male)

Bercy HB User
Re: rectal squamous cell carcinoma - all alone

Your story gives me the courage to continue on. God bless you and may things get easier for you in the future

Closed Thread