It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Rectal & Anal Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2012, 10:33 PM   #1
(female)

Sf2cntralvalley HB User
Unhappy Just diagnosed

Greetings,

Hello, I'm a 43 year old female in generally good health but recently diagnosed with Rectal Cancer. I'm shocked, scared and my whole life has changed. I'm numb and can't explain to my family and friends how I'm feeling even though they are very supported. Colonoscopy went well, (I guess) was told it was treatable and cat scan of my other organs came back clear. I'm expecting to meet with the surgeon in the next coming days.

I came across this site and thought someone could give me any feedback on how to stay positive and any other advice.

Thank you

The following user gives a hug of support to Sf2cntralvalley:
bubblegirl (04-22-2012)
Old 04-22-2012, 02:58 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

bubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB User
Re: Just diagnosed

I really cant help you as I wish I could, but it seems to me that "Colonoscopy went well, (I guess) was told it was treatable and cat scan of my other organs came back clear." is really good news! Also the fact that you are relatively young (as far as cancer goes anyway) & otherwise healthy- is also really good news!

I cant imagine what you are going through at this moment, but the 2 facts above will certainly influence the outcome of your diagnosis & the other thing that is going to help you is a positive state of mind.

I hope you receive many replies to your post from people that have been through this cancer & can give you some practical advice & knowledge. Meanwhile know that you are in my thoughts & ready to listen at any time- if this will help you! Bless you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2012, 11:28 AM   #3
(female)

Sf2cntralvalley HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblegirl View Post
I really cant help you as I wish I could, but it seems to me that "Colonoscopy went well, (I guess) was told it was treatable and cat scan of my other organs came back clear." is really good news! Also the fact that you are relatively young (as far as cancer goes anyway) & otherwise healthy- is also really good news!

I cant imagine what you are going through at this moment, but the 2 facts above will certainly influence the outcome of your diagnosis & the other thing that is going to help you is a positive state of mind.

I hope you receive many replies to your post from people that have been through this cancer & can give you some practical advice & knowledge. Meanwhile know that you are in my thoughts & ready to listen at any time- if this will help you! Bless you!

Last edited by Sf2cntralvalley; 04-22-2012 at 11:29 AM.

Old 04-22-2012, 11:32 AM   #4
(female)

Sf2cntralvalley HB User

Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I still wake up every morning wishing this is a dream. My oldest daughter is getting ready to graduate from high school and this is suppose to be the best time in her life not worrying about me. I hope my surgery is scheduled soon.

Old 06-03-2012, 07:51 PM   #5
(male)

Mjohnson52 HB User

Aside from getting 2-3it md opinions, make sure you ask about robotic procedures and possibility of
Ahort term ileosomy or none at all.there are some very advanced procedures out the that can minimize your down time and make it easier to maintain a pretty normal lifestyle.
its gonna be a little scary..but easier to qork with once you get a handle on it
stay positive ...there have been great advances with this stuff

Old 06-03-2012, 07:54 PM   #6
(male)

Mjohnson52 HB User

Pardon typos..Ahort meant short...qork...work

Closed Thread