It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Rectal & Anal Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2012, 09:25 AM   #1
(female)

abumbum HB User
Question Spincteroplasty surgery

I m planning to have this surgery in about 5 months and reading all the posts has been really helpful. My problem started 32 years ago with the birth of my very large headed baby and then two years later having a second very large headed baby. My stitches came out after the birth and I was allowed to "heal naturally." Where muscle should be, I now have scar tissue on a portion of my anus. While my symptoms have not been severe over the years, they are getting worse so now I am finally going to do something about it. A doctor 25 years ago told me there was nothing I could do about it - imagine that!
My questions have to do with how soon after surgery are you going up nd down stairs and lifting. It sounds like walking happens right away. My surgeon plans to send me home one day after surgery. How does that sound to some of you?
Thanks.
abumbum

Old 05-17-2012, 04:46 AM   #2
(female)

penny70 HB User
Re: Life after Spincteroplasty???

Hi albumbum,
I had very much the same issues and it was from the birth of my second now 31 years ago. I had to stay in the hospital for almost a week. They wanted me to move my bowels first which actually never happened causing, I hate to say it, years of complications before things were finally over and done. What you describe sounds awfully fast to me but I imagine it all depends on the surgery and the work the surgeon needs to do. Are you confident about her or him? Has she/he done a large number with good success? That would certainly increase my confidence in success. Good luck to you.
Penny

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread