It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2003, 07:21 AM   #1
Inactive

JennMorgan HB User
~Puss coming out of a mole??~

I have a brown mole on my upper left temple area, and it gets filled with puss stuff maybe 4 times a year, I pop it like a zit cause it is hard and the puss comes out, and it is back to normal size (flat) is this okay? Anything to worry about ot not? Thanks!

Old 12-28-2003, 09:56 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

Marimac HB UserMarimac HB User
Re: ~Puss coming out of a mole??~

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennMorgan
I have a brown mole on my upper left temple area, and it gets filled with puss stuff maybe 4 times a year, I pop it like a zit cause it is hard and the puss comes out, and it is back to normal size (flat) is this okay? Anything to worry about ot not? Thanks!
What you are describing sounds more like a sebacceous Cyst rather than a mole. It is actually a small sweat gland that gets stopped up and becomes infected sometimes. Considering that it is near important things like your brain and eyes, I would go to a dermatologist and have it permanently removed. My husband had one on his back that the doctors watched for several years, then it was finally expanding without draining and they had to cut several layers into his skin to remove it because it was growing under the skin and spreading out. IT was not a pretty picture. The good thing about this is that it can be biopsied as well and put your mind totally at ease.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2003, 07:10 AM   #3
Inactive

JennMorgan HB User
Re: ~Puss coming out of a mole??~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marimac
What you are describing sounds more like a sebacceous Cyst rather than a mole. It is actually a small sweat gland that gets stopped up and becomes infected sometimes. Considering that it is near important things like your brain and eyes, I would go to a dermatologist and have it permanently removed. My husband had one on his back that the doctors watched for several years, then it was finally expanding without draining and they had to cut several layers into his skin to remove it because it was growing under the skin and spreading out. IT was not a pretty picture. The good thing about this is that it can be biopsied as well and put your mind totally at ease.
Thanks for responding! I guess Im calling a dermotologist soon just to be safe, but I am about 99% sure it is a mole, I have a lot of moles. I guess Im just not positive, so Id better go and would rather be safe than sorry Thanks for the info, Im going to go look.

Closed Thread