It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2004, 07:32 AM   #1

yaman HB User
mole on testicle

I found a mole on my right testicle, it is about a quarter inch in diameter and flat when I spread the testicle skin apart, when its clustered it looks like just another mole, but when I spread it apart, I can see that its isn't symmetrical and the borders are a little irregular, I'm getting sort of scared, should I wait for more signs or get this checked to the doctor?

Also, is it possible to get melanoma on the testicles?, because it hasn't been exposed to any sun whatsoever, and how would one go by getting I biopsy on that part of the body?, its sounds like they have to be really meticulous, I'm gettings scared. Thanx for the help.

Last edited by yaman; 04-12-2004 at 07:34 AM.

Old 04-12-2004, 12:19 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

gregv HB User
Re: mole on testicle

Hey there,

Well that certainly is an odd place to get a mole, however I am sure they can be on all spots of the body!!

It is good that you are paying attention to changes on your body and keeping an eye on them. I know for skin cancer the rules about moles are ABCD. Assymetry, irregular Borders, Color changes and Diameter. You have noticed that it is a little assymetrical and the borders are a little irregular. This could be a sign of melanoma but of course this could have been there for awhile and looked the same for a few years and you just havent noticed it ever.

It is true that there is never any UV damage down there so that is encouraging. However i would recommend you go see a dermatologist and not a GP. A dermatologist will know alot more about moles and the way they look. He will probably cut it off to maybe look at it under the microscope or just take it off to maybe avoid melanoma down the road because he thinks it looks harmless. When you get a mole taken off your face it is very painLESS and takes a few seconds. In this case it may be a little more tricky but i am sure not a terrible experience.

Dont be embarrassed about this!! I am sure a dermatologist has seen it all and wont make the situation uncompfortable at all. You can never be too safe, and the sooner the better. Getting it looked at soon wont hurt, but waiting too long just may!! So go get it checked out, I am sure it will be fine, but if it isnt then if caught early enough you may just save your own life. Good luck!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2004, 02:12 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

lidia09 HB User
Cool Re: mole on testicle

You're right gregv, you can get melanoma anywhere - soles of the feet, genitalia, inside the eye.. anywhere really. Mine was on the inside of my thigh, so not a place exposed to the sun either.

I had mine removed by my GP within days of me noticing it, then I was referred to a surgeon who removed a larger section. I was then referred to a dermatologist who removed quite a few moles which had nothing wrong with them! Went to the dermatologist every 3 months for 3 years.

You're right in what you say about catching it early!

Good luck Yaman. Try not to worry, just go get it checked out.

Lidia

Old 04-14-2004, 08:53 PM   #4

yaman HB User

Thanx for the replies, I've been trying to get a hold of the dermatologist soon, but the earliest appointment I could get is in 4 weeks, is that too long?, how fast does this thing spread?, as I'm not evidently sure I this is cancerous I probably can wait that long but it could be and I want to get it checked out quickly to avoid possible complications. Its a quarter inch in diameter with my testicle skin spread, but when I view it normally on my unspreaded testicle skin, its half that size. I'll keep my eye on it every day, to see for any changes, what should I mostly be paying attention for? Also the signs are pretty ambigious, is there any other website I can get more information perhaps pictures. Thanx for all help.

Old 04-14-2004, 10:45 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

gregv HB User

Hey there,

Well moles can be big and small, so maybe a quarter inch is huge if a month ago it was a few millimetres, but a quarter inch is normal if it has always been like that. So i think your best bet is to just keep an eye on it. Try to maybe measure it very accurately, because if you watch it every day it may slowly grow but look the same to you. So either check it once a week so you can see a difference or measure it precisely so you can tell if it is growing. Make sure the color stays consistent and the borders dont go all bumpy and assymetrical.

It would be best to go as soon as possible, but if you have the conscious to not let it bother you for awhile then just wait. Or tell the secretary to call you if an opening comes up. If you really need in bad, just go the office and be a pain in the butt and i am sure they will squeeze you in!!!!

I dont know any good website for pictures, just try a search engine. You probably wont find very many pics of moles on testicles, but any cancerous mole pics should give you a good idea. Good luck

Closed Thread