It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2004, 04:00 PM   #1
(female)

barefootgal HB User
Inner thigh spots?

Yet another question that will probably be deemed stupid.... but since both sides of my family have melanoma history, I'd rather be dumb than not. I had what I thought was an ingrown hair on my upper inner thigh turn into what looked like a light brown freckle a few months ago and since then it's more than doubled in size... probably 4-5 mm now I'm guessing... still looks like a huge freckle and it also at times looks crusted over or faded and dried out. I didn't think much of it until I noticed yesterday that literally, over 2 days, four or five more tiny "freckles" appeared near the large one. They're not raised, there is no color variation, but they're not symmetrical. Only 26 yrs old but as an extremely fair skinned person have had more than my share of bad sunburns... yet not on this area of the skin. Does this sound worrisome to anyone? Thanks for any input.

Old 10-27-2004, 03:45 AM   #2
(female)

BonBe HB User
Re: Inner thigh spots?

You know what? You should just go to the doctor and have those 'things' checked out. I do know that not all melanoma (nor moles) can be coloured, and to have it slightly raised, and or crusty, and getting larger, it would not do you any harm to go see a doctor about them. Since you mention that you have a family history (both maternal and paternal) of melanoma I would skp to the doctor as fast as I can go.

It will only serve to ease your mind.

Bonnie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2004, 03:16 PM   #3

lisa1991 HB User
Re: Inner thigh spots?

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefootgal
Yet another question that will probably be deemed stupid.... but since both sides of my family have melanoma history, I'd rather be dumb than not. I had what I thought was an ingrown hair on my upper inner thigh turn into what looked like a light brown freckle a few months ago and since then it's more than doubled in size... probably 4-5 mm now I'm guessing... still looks like a huge freckle and it also at times looks crusted over or faded and dried out. I didn't think much of it until I noticed yesterday that literally, over 2 days, four or five more tiny "freckles" appeared near the large one. They're not raised, there is no color variation, but they're not symmetrical. Only 26 yrs old but as an extremely fair skinned person have had more than my share of bad sunburns... yet not on this area of the skin. Does this sound worrisome to anyone? Thanks for any input.
I got dx with malignant melanoma at age 30. I would go to a dermatologist and have that checked out. It could be a actinic keratose. They are in apperance like that. I have had 4 basal cell cut out and 1 malignant melanoma (superficial spreading the good kind if you can call it that meaning it grows across the skin first before it goes deep into the skin). I have many pre cancerous moles cut out. Do not get sunburnt Stay out of it during peak times and wear sunscreen and Most important go to the derm. and get a skin check.

LIsa

Closed Thread