It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2004, 11:14 PM   #1
(male)

JakeJohnson008 HB User
Tiny Lump in Earlobe

Like one-two weeks ago i noticed this ball-like lump in my left ear lobe, centrally located. I'd call it a sphere with 1 mm radius, about 1mm beneath the skin on both sides. I shrugged it off as an emerging pimple, but it hasn't emerged. There is a similar bump, though much smaller, below it and to the left. There is also one on my right ear lobe. The one on my right ear came to surface as a pimple or some type of surface bump after a week. THe minuscule one on my left earlobe also surfaced. The larger lump, however, is still there and is basically unchanged. I am on accutane.

My grandpa had skin cancer on his ear, which is why i am freaked out by what is probably just a pimple. How long should I wait before getting this checked out, and what can a doctor really do at this stage? The thing is very small and invisible; you have to feel for it to touch it. I have been probing it and squeezing at it; is that bad? Also, I want to get a needle and try to pop it if it's a pimple, but do i really wanna do that? Gimme some advice please, i'm kind of unsure of what to do. I'm seeing a doctor in a week for something else. What should i tell him?

Old 12-30-2004, 12:20 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belle2003 HB User
Re: Tiny Lump in Earlobe

I have had the same thing in my ear lobe and after awhile it went away. It is probably an ingrown pimple and your body is taking its time in dissolving it. The only skin cancer I have heard of is growing on the surface of the skin. What you have is not on the surface.

Since you are going to the doctor anyway, you can ask him/her so you can have peace of mind.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2004, 01:47 PM   #3
(male)

midnightghost HB User

ok i have two circular lumps in my right ear lobe and one on my left. well ive had em for a while (atleast 5 months) and theyre still there and after reading this im getting worried, i hope its not cancer and hopefully its an ingrown pimple. So can people really get cancer by having lumps inside their ear lobes? and you have to feel them to notice them and i just remembered about them when i read this... plz tell me theyre pimples! Im 16 years old..

Last edited by midnightghost; 12-30-2004 at 02:25 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to midnightghost For This Useful Post:
lucy hale (01-31-2012)
Old 12-30-2004, 04:39 PM   #4
(male)

JakeJohnson008 HB User

the guy who replied above you knows a lot more about it than me. I wouldn't worry about them unless they steadily increase in size.

To the guy who posted the first reply, thanks. That thing about skin cancer only occuring on the surface gives me peace of mind enough.

Old 01-05-2005, 06:29 PM   #5
(female)

ScarlettGA HB User

Anyone have pierced ears? A lot of people with pierced ears have these sort of bumps.....The bump may be a sebaceous cyst. These cysts are benign. However, they can become infected and hurt like crazy. I've had tons of them over the years.
Take Care...Scarlett

Old 01-13-2005, 05:01 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB User

I had cysts in my earlobes years ago after getting my ears pierced. The cysts went away on their own. I hope that's what your lumps are too.

Old 02-26-2005, 07:52 AM   #7
(female)

JayneS HB User

I currently have a similar lump. I do have pierced ears, but the lump a good couple of millimeters away from my piercing and have had the piercing in question for several years. My earlobe looks larger than normal due to the lump, i too hope that is just an ingrown pimple.

Old 07-10-2005, 12:39 AM   #8
(male)

LIFTER2 HB User
Wink Re: Tiny Lump in Earlobe

Any small lump found under the skin has the possibility of being a form of skin cancer. A small lump found anywhere on the face, neck or ears should cause concern. Any found lumps can be removed from the skin. However, some skin cancers cells can break away from the original growth site and spread to other organs in the body. Although most skin cancers appear on the surface of the skin, cancerous growths can grow under the top layers of skin. Most serious skin cancers (Melanomas) begin in moles which change colors or have irregular borders. Men should have a family members or friends check their backs for changing moles. To be on the safe side, have suspicious growths looked at by a Dermatologist. :-)

Old 08-10-2007, 03:36 AM   #9
(male)

jotakusai HB User

umm i think i have a lump too i dont exactly know how to discribe it its on my left ear lobe and its like inside, you cant see it, but when you squeze it its like soft but hard.....? O_o if that makes any sence at all im afraid of it beging a sign of cancer cause i remember it being there for a while but i never really thought much of it.... the cancer thing just poped in my head today but then ive been thinking it was a pimple and i tried to pop it today in front of the mirror: i picked at it pinched it and everything and in the end it kinda poped! just like a pimple! and the white stuff came out and the puss came out and it bled and everything but after the bleeding stoped i touched my left ear the lump was still there!! i was like ***?!?! if it was a pimple and it poped y was it still there?? and if it wasnt a pimple wat poped just like a pimple would?! O_O does that make any sence??

i hope someone can help me AND ive been thinking of getting my ear pierced but now im not so sure cause of the "lump"

Closed Thread