It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2002, 12:33 AM   #1

kaerondaes HB User
Unhappy Strange lump on left shoulder

This has a long history to it. A lump popped up on the back of my shoulder over two years ago. It's about the size of a quarter, it is well underneath the skin, and it is not solid. At the time, I had it examined, and it was determined it wasn't cancer -- it was a funky fluid pocket or growth (I'm not sure which now) right near the joint. It is pinning a few tendons on the back of my shoulder, and infrequently gives me discomfort. I notice an odd pattern of it swelling up around the time of my periods.

In any case, recently it changed a bit, and I think instead of doing its normal swelling and then going back down, it's grown. It hasn't gone down in over two weeks, and now my shoulder is aching very badly. In fact, I'm achey all over. About the same time I noticed this, I noticed some pain below my jaw as well, although I have no idea if these two things are connected. I'm having numbness pain all over, in the oddest spots now.

I'm frustrated and confused. I've already had a number of weird infections this year -- impetigo and a UTI, which is unusual for me -- and I have no idea how everything is connected. In fact, I wasn't even sure which board to post this too, because frankly... I don't know what's wrong.

To boot, although I have insurance, my husband and I are... poor. We just can't afford medical bills. I'm afraid to go to the doctor unless something is really wrong (I was a real hypochondriac as a kid).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2002, 02:13 PM   #2
Inactive

1Dove HB User
I sure hope the professionals that examined your lump did a biopsy. That is the ONLY way to determine if it is cancer or not. Any time a lump appears on your body get it biopsied immediately. My dad had a lump, and both his GP and dermotologist said it was just a cyst and not to worry. When he finally got it biopsied (too late) it turned out to be melanoma that had metastisized. Always, Always insist on a biopsy.

Closed Thread