It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2005, 08:38 PM   #1
(male)

Blamor HB User
Little Lump in throat

I have a small lump in my throat next to my Adams apple it is smaller then a pea and it just showed up. you can't see it from the out side but you can feel it. What could this be?

Old 09-06-2005, 03:08 PM   #2

Lindsay04 HB User
Re: Little Lump in throat

It might be a lymph node. They usually swell from an infection although pea sized isn't usually considered swollen. Go to the doctor and get it checked out. It's probably nothing to be concerned about, but you should still get a doctor to check it out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2005, 08:04 PM   #3
(female)

Ga Lady HB User

Have you had a diagnosis of skin cancer prior to this pea size lump? I know I have had surgery for melanoma only a month ago and I found a pea size lump in the bend of my arm (yes there are lymph nodes there also) and I have been worried about mine too!

Old 09-07-2005, 05:41 AM   #4
(male)

Blamor HB User

NO I've never been tested for cancer. It is like a little ball you can't see but you can feel it when I move it around. It doesn't hurt or anything. It just makes me worried. I don't know if other people have it or just me.

Old 09-07-2005, 06:14 PM   #5

Lindsay04 HB User

have you had any sore throats, colds, or any other type of cut or scrape in the area?

Old 09-07-2005, 06:32 PM   #6
(male)

Blamor HB User

Allot of nasal congestion and and I'm always coughing up flam. I can't feel it in my throat but I can feel it if I touch it. Its just a small ball that moves around.

Old 09-07-2005, 08:03 PM   #7
(female)

Ga Lady HB User

Sounds like you have an upper respiratory infection which will cause that lil ball in the throat..it's a lymph node that is attacting the bacteria! Get some antibiotics and I am sure it will go down. Might take a few weeks but it will!

Old 09-07-2005, 08:06 PM   #8
(female)

Ga Lady HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blamor
NO I've never been tested for cancer. It is like a little ball you can't see but you can feel it when I move it around. It doesn't hurt or anything. It just makes me worried. I don't know if other people have it or just me.
When I was in high school I got mono...back then in the 80's they called it Mono ...Glandular fever...etc...Well anyway...My lymph node on my right tonsil never went back to normal. It's still enlarged to this day! Nothing wrong with it just a bit abnormally abnormal for it's size. ALl the docs said that it's just a lymph that GREW too big for it's britches (as we say in the south)....

Old 09-07-2005, 09:01 PM   #9

Lindsay04 HB User

yes I agree with Ga lady. Lymph nodes are very sensitive to even the slightest infection. Usually when they are less than 1 cm they aren't even considered to be swollen. The only reason to be concerned with a lymph node is if it continues to grow over time. Some of them never return to their previous size. Also touching your lymph nodes can make them swollen and can keep them from returning to their previous size. Go to the doctor and he will most likely put you on antiobiotics to clear up any infection you might have.

Old 09-08-2005, 06:03 AM   #10
(male)

Blamor HB User

I will do that thank you both very much

Old 09-08-2005, 06:56 PM   #11
(male)

Blamor HB User

i haven't been to the doctor yet but the lymp is getting a little bigger and every now and then it starts to sting.

Old 09-08-2005, 09:20 PM   #12

Lindsay04 HB User

There is no need for concern right now. You probably have an active infection. If you receive antibiotics and it continues to grow then it should be looked into more, but right now you aren't on antibiotics so growth would probably be expected with an infection. You should really stop touching it until you get to the doctor, because touching it can make it more enlarged and can make it stay enlarged. The doctor will evaluate it fully. It really doesn't sound like anything to be too concerned about right now so don't loose any sleep over it.

Old 09-23-2005, 04:52 PM   #13
(female)

angiero HB User

Hi...I just went to 4 Dr's for the same type of thing, mine is on the right side at the top of my sternum, it ended up to be a small tendon, since I also have pain when picking things up with my right arm. I did a ton of research and if yours is at your Adams App. it may be a lump on your Thyroid Clavicle, you may want to see your Dr. if it persists.

God Bless!

Old 09-26-2005, 11:47 PM   #14
(male)

activesales HB User

My wife used to get these little pea shaped balls behind her ear... sometimes both. You couldn't see them but you could feel it. After awhile it would go away. It's been years since she has had one show up.

Closed Thread