It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2006, 10:02 AM   #1
(female)

chloejo23 HB User
Question scabby dry mole...

Hi this is my first time posting here and I have searched and searched and havent found anyone with my same problem...well when i was pregnant three years ago a new mole popped up on my jawline the thing that worries me about it is it gets realy dry and a black/dark scab will form on it,,im not sure if its cause i pick it sometimes or what but it contiusouly does this over and over the surrounding skin around it is usually never dry...i saw a derm last year and she looked at it and that was about it saying it was "normal" anyone elso have a dry/scabby mole??????? extremely worried here!

Old 03-26-2006, 10:16 AM   #2
(female)

JS8568 HB User
Re: scabby dry mole...

...just wanted to say that I have my Dermatology appt. tomorrow a.m....& top of my list is to ask about a dry scabby like mole on my shoulder...you may get some responses in the meantime, but I'll let you know what I'm told tomorrow.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2006, 12:18 PM   #3
(female)

chloejo23 HB User

thanx alot for replying and i would apperciate it that you'd get back to me and let me know what the derm says about your "scabby mole thingy"

Old 03-27-2006, 09:49 AM   #4
(female)

JS8568 HB User

Well, the dry scabby mole wasn't a mole at all & I wish I could remember the name of it??? Sorry, maybe GA Lady knows...he said it is a wart like growth (but not a wart either)....it can easily be removed by freezing.

I had 3 other moles removed today (1st time)...I was scared to death, but it was really simple...now I just have to wait forever for the biopsy report (as he is out of town for a week)...something else for me to worry about.

I don't know that it is what you have? Mine was a little blue/grey looking...perfect circle & dry & scabby looking.

Your best bet is to just get it checked out....good luck!

Old 03-29-2006, 04:15 AM   #5
(female)

Ga Lady HB User

Possibly some sort of keratosis? Or ? My mind isnt thinking well...I have one on the backofmy leg. Rough and slightly raised. I thought it was a dermtifibroma, but it was one of them Keratosis things...Well the derm said it was ! Glad yours is ok! That freezing burns doesnt it? Ouch!

Old 03-29-2006, 05:47 PM   #6
(female)

chloejo23 HB User
Unhappy Re: scabby dry mole...

well mine is a "normal" brown circly mole that sometimes gets rough and a dry scab type thing on it,,,i admit im bad to pick it,,,but it is worrying me to death and i made an appt for the nearest derm and its not till the end of may!! so if anyone has, or has had anything like this please respond!! plus does anyone know if you put lotion on a mole would that irratate it? because i have also done that a few times,,,,,,,,

Old 03-29-2006, 06:32 PM   #7
(female)

JS8568 HB User

Yes, it was a form of "keratosis"...originally, I wasn't going to get in to see my derm til the end of April , but I explained my feeling of distress over things & they accommodated me. Ask to be on a cancellation list, let them know how important it is to you to get in at the earliest appt. Good Luck!
p.s. I can't imagine that lotion would irriatate it?? And by the way, don't worry so much, it really is probably nothing.

Closed Thread