It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2007, 05:53 PM   #1
(female)

peipaws HB User
Wierd pink spot/sore on side of nose

My husband has a spot on the side of his nose that one day it was just there. It looked awful. It will sort of heal to a pink purple color and then scab again. It's not like a pimple. Its not round at all and takes up about 1/3 of the side of his nose. He has worked construction for over 25 yrs and NEVER wore sunscreen.

I have made a appt with my derm but its not for a few weeks. I have a few questions if anyone can answer them for me also.

My husband has had a few health issues lately and even had a PET scan done in Aug 06. If this is a skin cancer of some sort, would it of shown on the PET scan then? Should I call the derm and try and get them to see him earlier?

Old 02-04-2007, 06:26 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Fizzickle HB UserFizzickle HB UserFizzickle HB UserFizzickle HB User
Re: Wierd pink spot/sore on side of nose

See if you can get him in to the dermatologist as soon as possible.

Sounds as if it could be skin cancer. If it is, the dermo will probably send him for Moh's surgery, where successive slices are taken from the cancer site, frozen and microscopically examined to see if all the cancer has been removed. It's time consuming - that is, the whole process may take the better part of a day. But it is the best way to make certain all the cancer is excised.

Had Moh's surgery on my nose a few months ago. It took some plastic surgery with tissue from my ear to fill in the hole they dug in my nose, and it took 15 stitches to close. But it's worth it, and it's not painful. The docs numbed the area so I didn't feel anything but some tugging.

Don't know whether a PET scan would have shown anything.

Bill

Last edited by Fizzickle; 02-04-2007 at 06:32 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread