It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2007, 11:49 AM   #1
(female)

hoping4baby HB User
Question? Scab On Nose Never Goes Away....

Hello everyone, I have a question, I'm hoping someone may have some suggestions.

My husband, has a little scab about the size of a pinhead on the right side of his nose. It started out as a blackhead that he squeezed out, then it scabbed. He was very rough in getting out the blackhead. Now he has had this scab for about 4 or 5 mo. He continues to pick the scab of thinking that it will heal, but it doesn't it just scabs back up. It isn't white in color, just a shade lighter than he is. He has very dark skin due to working construction out in the sun.

We are beginning to worry about this.

He spoke to a derm pa and he stated that he didn't think it was cancer.

What else could it be, we would really appreciate any input.

Thanks a bunch.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2007, 12:26 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Ladypepper HB User
Re: Question? Scab On Nose Never Goes Away....

Possibly he isn't allowing it to heal enough when he is picking the scab off. Of course there is no way to know for sure.

A sore that doesn't heal should be checked by a doctor, preferably a derm. That is the only way to know for sure. And since he is in the sun a lot, it would not hurt to be seen and checked to make sure there isn't an issue with that sore.

Wishing you the best!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread