It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2007, 11:50 AM   #1
(male)

chadwick77 HB User
Small dark lump under skin

Hi,
I'm 23 and have not spent too much time in the sun. About a week ago I noticed a small, dark lump UNDER my skin. It's about 4-5 inches below my arm pit, and a few mm in width. It's round/oval in shape, and hard. It's not particularly painful, even when squeezed. It's approximately the color of a blood blister. There's a white line on it.

However, I think the site may be the location of what was formerly a white lump that I never thought much of, and my doctor had never commented on. But I'm not entirely sure if this is the same spot.

Right now I'm on vacation until the end of September, a few hours from my doctor. I called the only local dermatologist yesterday and I couldn't get an appointment until December. Of course, skin cancer seems extremely unlikely given my age, how much sun I've gotten, and how much sun this spot specifically would have received. I've also scanned the Internet for images of cancer that look anything like this, but nothing matches the color (purple/navy blue) or the regularity of the shape.

I'm curious if anyone has any idea what this might be. I'm planning, on Monday morning, to see a Dr about this...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2007, 02:31 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Ladypepper HB User
Re: Small dark lump under skin

I really don't have any words of wisdom - I cannot even guess what it could be. I think it is best to have it checked out by a derm or your doctor just to be sure. It is possible to get lumps and bumps for no reason at all and they are no threat - but since it is something that has popped up, I would get it checked.

Hope all goes well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2007, 01:30 PM   #3
(male)

calaveras HB User

chadwick:

i recently noticed a very similar looking lump on my right arm, right at my tanline. its maybe a little smaller than yours, no white line, but essentially the same; small dark lump clearly under the skin. from my own research it doesn't seem to be skin cancer, that just looks different i guess (i'm 26, young for skin cancer too) but not sure what it is, perhaps a sebaceous cyst?

what did your doctor say?

Old 01-21-2008, 12:55 AM   #4
(female)

elliegirl3 HB User

hey,
i've had a small, light blue raised bump on my left shoulder for a while. i think i found it last week?
i'm 16, so if y'all think skin cancer is unlikely for someone in their 20s, then it's probably even less likely for me.
however, i have spent a lot of my summer in the sun...

Closed Thread