It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2008, 12:23 PM   #1
(male)

Bluehills HB User
Small pink colored skin cancer on forearm.

Unfortunately I am not new to skin cancer. I have a fair complexion and do not stay out in the sun. But I have had skin cancer before, years ago. I think this is the third time I have gotten it. My skin cancer is pink colored and perhaps a little flaky. It's only a small one of about 3/16" round shaped and is on my forearm.

I have read that there are basically three types of skin cancer. But there are other names under those three common types. According to what I saw from looking at various pictures of skin cancers, it looks like actinic keratoses. But a description of basal cell carcinoma (BCC) sounds like that could also be a possibility. But mine is real light colored and looks pinkish like the photo I saw of actinic keratoses.

I hate to go to doctors and I think this can be treated with drugs since I have used them in the past for skin cancer. I don't remember the name of the med I used then. It was prescription. I think it was like a white cream that you just rub into the skin.

Has anyone used any natural remedies? Not sure if I would depend on something natural like. Maybe my primary care physician can identify it and give me a script, but I would rather avoid seeing a doctor unless it is absolutely necessary. Thanks. Bluehills

Old 06-08-2008, 11:10 PM   #2
(female)

djoyv HB User
Re: Small pink colored skin cancer on forearm.

You may wish to go to the doctor. You didn't mention what kind of skin cancer you had in the past. In general, there is Basal Cell (harmless) Squamous Cell (can be fatal) Melanoma (always fatal if ignored). There is a rare pink skin cancer, Amelanotic Melanoma that is usually more agressive than the standard darker Melanoma. Efudex 5% is by rx and is a chemotherapy cream that has been shown to help with small basal cell or squamous cell or residual cancer cells after excission.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2008, 12:01 PM   #3
(male)

Bluehills HB User
Re: Small pink colored skin cancer on forearm.

djoyv I remember a skin cancer I had probably 15-20 years ago that was about a half inch round, very crusty and it would bleed ocassionally. But I don't remember the exact name of it. The doctor back then actually cut the thing off my arm. Maybe old technic these days.

My second skin cancer I used a cream on it. And I bet it was Efudex 5%. Since I'm not a doctor it would be premature for me to say it is actinic keratoses, but the pic I saw of it looks exactly like it in early stage. I have a few freckles on my arm and it almost looks like a big freckle but more pinkish in color. It's almost hard to see really.

Thanks for mentioning the Efudex 5% to me. For now I am not in any hurry to have anything done with it. I'll be keeping an eye on it though to see if it changes in any way. I know some skin cancer can kill. I do see a doctor in 3 weeks. I might have them take a look at it. Thanks.

Closed Thread