It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2008, 08:38 PM   #1
(female)

donna6781 HB User
skin cancer look like on the nose

what does skin cancer look like on the nose

Old 07-11-2008, 04:46 AM   #2
(female)

rose827 HB User
Re: skin cancer look like on the nose

Skin cancer can look different everytime. I had one on the side of my nose that started out like a pimple that wouldn't go away. Then it would bleed which prompte me to see a dermatologist given my many blistered sunburns and family history. My father had one on his nose that looked like a bump on the bridge of his nose. On my shoulder I had a basal cell that looked like dry skin...it varies...I've had pre-melanoma which was a dark mole that bled. I also have a pearly white flat spot on forehead, a red dot on tip of nose, and a pearly spot under my eye all called "suspicious" or sebacious keratonins. Do your research, see a doctor, search skin cancer images but it may frighten you as it frightened me given I'm having my first MOHS surgery on nose after the skin cancer came back. My best wishes to you.

Last edited by moderator2; 07-11-2008 at 05:15 AM. Reason: posted disallowed website(s)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2008, 05:47 AM   #3
(female)

sudo59 HB User

My basal cell on my nose looked like a pimple at first too, which I tried to squeeze relentlessly to no avail. I had mine for probably 5 years before having it looked at, (I do not recommend waiting 5 years), when I finally had it removed because my sunglasses bothered it I was stunned to find out it was cancer.

I had to have Mohs to have the rest of it removed, because I did wait so long it was very large under the skin. My Mohs surgeon had to go in 5 times before getting it all out.

I'm very pleased with the way it all turned out though, I was EXTREMELY frightened when I first found out about it. I was scared to death to have the Mohs surgery and I was afraid of what I was going to look like after. To be honest, the surgery was not bad at all, I literally did not feel a thing. I'm will be two months out on the 15th. Friends and family tell me they can't even see my scar. I, of course, still do, mainly because I am looking for it. Basically now it is a very thin 2 inch line down the side of my nose. I still have some redness that is easily covered my make-up.

Get any bump you have checked out, it's a scary thing but very curable when caught early.

Best of luck to you.

Mary

Old 07-20-2008, 07:48 AM   #4
(female)

ruth ann HB User

Hi!

My basal cell skin cancer on my nose was a small pearly bump a little smaller than the size of an eraser head on a pencil.No pain, no broken skin, no bleeding - it was very smooth. You wouldn't even notice it unless it was called to your attention. It just didn't go away. My general dr. said it was nothing to worry about, but I went to a dermatologist just to be sure. He saw
immediately that it was probably a bcc, did a biopsy and it was, indeed, a bcc. He did a Moh's surgery shortly afterward, and now, 5 mos. later, my nose
is still red, but otherwise cancer-free and looking good.

Best,

Ruth Ann

Closed Thread