It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2009, 02:08 PM   #1
(female)

chrissyp77 HB User
what can you catch from a tanning bed

what can you catch from a tanning bed

Old 01-31-2009, 12:36 PM   #2
(female)

mahnee HB User
Re: what can you catch from a tanning bed

Well I am not sure if you are seriously asking that on a skin cancer board - but the only thing you should really be worried about is getting melanoma! The rest of it is the least of your worries.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2009, 06:47 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Oleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB User
Re: what can you catch from a tanning bed

Take it from someone who grew up on the beach and had a tan all year round. Stay out of tanning beds..

First of all some States have stricter health laws about eye wear and cleaning the beds...California being one of the strictest. You can catch things in a tanning salon that is not clean. If you use the eye protection from that someone before you had pink eye...you can get it.

Next let's talk about how it ages your skin......mine looks terrible from the sun. I am youthful for my 55 years but my skin ??? too much sun damage. Stay out of the sun and stop smoking if you are worried about growing old before your time. Not to mention increasing your risk of cancer.

Next close your ears if you do not want to hear this......genital skin cancer is on the increase due to people shaving down there and then tanning. Also if you are positive for the HPV virus and tan your skin cancers goes up. If you insist on tanning cover up your you know what.

Even though my cancer is where the sun does not shine......I have been reading about this and verifed this with a Derm yesterday. It is on the increase on the outside of the genitals. Men and woman alike. Stay out of the Tanning salons.

I hope you read this and take it serious.....make good choices about your future health.

Sincerely, Oleander

Closed Thread