It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2009, 05:16 PM   #1
(female)

Star1977 HB User
Insect bite?

Im 31 and live in the UK. I am concerned as I've realised that I have had an "insect bite" looking lesion on my upper arm for over 18 months, it still has not healled and Im getting worried now..

I remember covering it with concealller at my friends wedding back in August 2007 as I thought it was bite. I didnt give it a lot of thought to be honest. Later on that year, it was still there but it developed into more of wart like structure (not as red, under skin lump). I treated it with an over the counter wart treatment called "wartner", its an aerisol that freezes warts.. It was very painful and caused the spot to bleed a lot, it had a crust that bled when it was knocked off. For several months it had a crust on it that bled, now it has gone back to red lump. It is painful to the touch but hasnt bled recently.

I look like a typical scandanavian, blond hair, blue eyes, very fair skin. I have used sunbeds and been sunburnt when I was younger.

I went to my Dr this week and he checked it. He said he thinks that it is an insect bite that hasnt healled. He said this happpens occasionally. He discussed getting the lump/lesion removed but feels that the scar may be worse than the lesion, he has asked me to think about it. I dont know what to do..

Has anyone else heard of an insect bite that hasnt healled?
In view of my colouring and history with sunbeds, should I be concerned about skin cancer?

Please let me know your thoughts? Am I just being paranoid??

Thanks x x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2009, 08:41 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

gardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB User
Re: Insect bite?

I think if it was me I would ask to have a biopsy to see what it is for sure..

Old 02-22-2009, 05:47 AM   #3
(female)

teapotlady HB User

Personally I would have it removed also. Unless it was something you were picking at all the time to keep it from healing I think that is a very long time to not have healed. Good luck and let us know what you decide.

Old 02-27-2009, 03:59 PM   #4
(female)

shellyb271981 HB User

i think you should have it removed, when i first had my mole removed it was because i was feeling unwell and had what i thought was a rash on my legs and my doctor said it was more like insect bites and that is when he saw the mole and he had suggested that i have my mole removed straight away,during treatment i have had rashes appear a couple of times and each time they where put down to insect bites but i don't think it was the case.

Old 03-07-2009, 10:36 AM   #5
(female)

harper47 HB User

Best to have it removed ~ what's better for you - a red ??melanoma or a small (and eventually faded) scar + peace of mind! Once it is removed there will be a histology report ~ if it's benign - great! If it's not then at least you have caught it early and had it removed.

Have it removed ~ it's a win/win situation.

Last edited by harper47; 03-07-2009 at 10:38 AM.

Closed Thread