It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2009, 07:31 PM   #1
(female)

cgarvin24 HB User
could this be cancer in my big toe??????

ok a friend told me to get it checked out and I want to know if this sounds like something I should be worried about I do have a drs app but they cant fit me in until friday and I'm gonna be a wreck until then for two or three months I have had a sort of a light brown line under my big toenail going from one side of the toenail to the middle of the toenail and at the middle it just stops it doesn't hurt or bother me in anyway and since I have ingrown toenails I didn't worry but the line is still there after all these months and my toe has not been hurting at all does this sound like melenoma under my toenail. please respond as I am very worried about this and cannot seem to find any pics of what it looks like if its cancerous

Old 04-07-2009, 08:25 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Oleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB User
Re: could this be cancer in my big toe??????

Hello and try not to worry. You can have skin cancers under your toenails. It does not have to be a melanoma. You can get other types also. It could be a fungus or an irritation.

You are doing the right thing by going to get it checked out. But there are other things that cause discolorations under the nail so try to stay calm.

Do you have a family history of skin cancers?

I wanted to respond to you to give you support and to let you know I also have an appt on Thursday 1pm for a brown discoloration under both my big toenails....!!!! I already have a history of skin cancer so anything like this I rush to the Derm.

We can compare notes. Good luck.......Oleander

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2009, 12:55 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Chele60 HB UserChele60 HB UserChele60 HB UserChele60 HB UserChele60 HB UserChele60 HB User

As Oleander stated, what you have may not be skin cancer. Fungis is actually quite typical and looks very similar to what skin cancers look like. It could also be a bruise and is slowly growing out - I had a bruise on my big toe that took a full year to grow completely out, and for the longest time it didn't look as if it was moving.

So, you say your appointment is on Friday? That's just a couple of days away. You are doing the right thing by having this checked out. Try to relax and work with the doctor. Actually, while skin cancer can develop under toe nails, it is not all that common. Try not to worry unless there is something to worry about - at least, that's what I try to do!

Oh, and keep us updated!

Old 04-09-2009, 04:51 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Oleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB User

Just a follow up......I am falling apart ??? I saw my Derm today and he says it is either the Bowen's or Psoriatic arthritis is associated with psoriasis on the skin.
I complained of my toes hurting after my biopsy late Jan 2009.... they were sore and then this comes up...... Not sure what to think. He wants me back in 4 weeks. Hey at least it is not a melanoma. It is under both big toes...only half of both nails.....kind of a pinkish brown.... I have never had anything like this.

Let us know what your Doctor says...............Oleander

Closed Thread