It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2009, 06:13 PM   #1
(female)

EZsMom HB User
Unhappy Possible Melanoma? Mole on foot

Hello..I'm a 32 year old female who has had a small black oval shaped mole on the sole of my right foot..it is brown/black in color and is not raised..as far as I can remember it has not changed in any way..I don't have any more moles in that area and not many other moles on my body..My friend noticed the mole on my foot and freaked out..she said that irregular shaped moles on the soles of feet are not good..Just wondering if anyone has benign moles on the soles of their feet...or are those moles usually cancerous/melanoma..I'm freaked out now...Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

Old 05-05-2009, 07:55 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Chele60 HB UserChele60 HB UserChele60 HB UserChele60 HB UserChele60 HB UserChele60 HB User
Re: Possible Melanoma? Mole on foot

Trust me, you can get moles ANYWHERE on your body - and I do mean ANYWHERE. I have moles on the insides of my eyes - now, who would have thunk that?!?!

Personally, I don't have any moles directly on the soles of my feet. I have moles on the sides of my feet, between my toes, and on the top of my feet. Go figure. However, my mother has a rather large mole on the arch of one of her feet. It's been there for as long as I can remember, and it's simply a mole.

The soles of your feet are skin, and just as easily develop moles as any other part of your body. That's as elementary as I can put it. However! As I would say to anyone: if you are in any way concerned, DO NOT take disembodied messages from an internet forum as absolute. Make an appointment with your doctor and have it checked out. That is really the only way to give you thorough peace of mind.

Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2009, 02:27 PM   #3
(female)

EZsMom HB User

Thanks for the message...I'm going to go ahead and go to the doc to get it checked out for peace of mind. Thanks again!

Old 05-05-2009, 05:45 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Oleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB User

I just had an Intradermal Nevus Mole off my you know what Thank God it was okay. No one talks about Skin cancer where the sun don't shine. So Chele is correct Moles can be anywhere. Good Luck.......Oleander

Old 08-18-2009, 06:17 PM   #5
(female)

lcaru2002 HB User

I just wanted to post so there would be some bright news out there about moles on the soles of our feet I had a small mole 2-3 mm on the sole of my foot (Flat) that grew a 'tail' and it scared the heck out of me while I waited for it to be removed and also while I waited for the pathology. It turned out to be totally benign! They do not know why it grew there or what caused it but it did grow a sister on my other foot that they also want to remove (But it is not as scary looking as the other one.) With that said - it is my understanding that ANY new mole on the sole of your foot should be removed as when and if they do turn cancerous it is extremely difficult to treat. SO don't be nervous but see your doctor - always better safe than sorry and now I do not wonder or worry anymore Also - just for reference, mine started out as a small freckle and just grew, medium brown....but then the taaaaaail!

Last edited by lcaru2002; 08-18-2009 at 06:21 PM. Reason: existing moles that you are born w/or grow when you're young aren't as much an issue, it is NEW moles that are worrisome.

Old 08-19-2009, 04:46 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

ORguy HB User

The mole could appear anywhere on your body, EZsMom, and the place of the body does not has any connection with the possibility the mole to be cancerous. Usually the moles on feets, palms, between fingers and the genital moles have been irritated more than normally (by the clothes or just in some common activities). Some dermatologists recommend such moles to be removed, because as a result of the irritation they could be infected. That does not mean melanoma, just an infection. There is connection between melanoma and the UV radiation so if we a looking for some dependence between the place of the mole on our body and the risk the mole to turn into cancerous one it is less possible a mole on sole to be cancerous than a mole on the face. I would like to notice that I did not found any study that confirms such dependance.

The most important is regularly to check your moles and to observe the ABCD rule.

Closed Thread