It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2009, 09:25 AM   #1
(female)

Rkarch08 HB User
Purple-ish mole just appeared?!?!

I have never had a mole in my life but about 2 days ago I noticed a purple-ish mole like spot directly in the center of my back. I am EXTREMELY concerned about it, but do not have medical insurance right now to go to a doctor and have it checked out. Any suggestions or thoughts on what it might be?!?! Its not real big, id compare it to a drop of water, and I havent noticed it being there long enough to know if it is growing or not.

Old 06-25-2009, 05:06 PM   #2
(female)

Likea HB User
Re: Purple-ish mole just appeared?!?!

New mole and purple color needs checking out now!

Check out this site * link to commercial website removed by hb-mod, moderator *

This is not something you want to wait on. Melanoma can be cured if caught early enough. But wait too long and it is deadly. Please get it checked out asap.

Not trying to scare you but you need to know NOW if it is melanoma. My cousin's husband's sister in her early 40's was diagnosed in January and died in March. I know of another person that lasted about 6 months. They were too far gone by the time they were diagnosed. Find it early - you can be cured.

I've had 7 basal cells cut out and a number of pre-cancerous lesions burned off. Not much to worry about with basal cells. I fear Melanomas!

Good luck!

Last edited by hb-mod; 06-26-2009 at 01:39 AM. Reason: Please don't post links and/or instructions regarding commercial websites as per Posting Policy. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2009, 08:26 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Oleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB User
Re: Purple-ish mole just appeared?!?!

Hopefully it is nothing. But seriously go get it checked out as soon as possible.

Back in December I got my first Squamous Cell carcinoma and it was a lavender blue color......it was dime sized and suddenly appeared. I had to push the Doctors to get it off. I had a biopsy, then the rest removed. Came back Bowen's disease and SCC grade 3....... I am doing fine but need close watching.

Anything new and dark in color needs to be checked. Some Dermatologists do free skin exams but it is important to get it done no matter what.

Stay calm and good luck. Oleander

Closed Thread