It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2009, 01:52 PM   #1
(female)

lucky527 HB User
Mole removed, but is coming back

Hey,

I got a mole removed from my waistline a little more than 2 years ago. They took a biopsy, tested for skin cancer, and everything was fine. They still removed it because they said it COULD become cancerous someday. I noticed this summer, that it had started growing back.

The scar tissue from when they removed it never fully healed because, as I said, it was right on my waistline, and my pants would always rub against it. I'm wondering if that's why it's come back? Is it something I should see a dermatologist about anyway? The only reason I'm hesitant to, is last time, it was like a 4 month long process from my initial dermatologist appointment till the time I actually got it removed, with at least 3 five-minute long appointments thrown in between. It was just a very tedious process that I don't want to go through again unless it's a real cause for concern.

So I guess, is it normal for a non-cancerous mole to come back after having it removed?

Old 09-13-2009, 08:47 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Oleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB User
Re: Mole removed, but is coming back

Make sure you get in and get it checked out. Especially if it has been taken off once. I had 2 moles grown back but each time they removed them again. Do not take any chances see a Dermatologist about it or whoever removed it the first time. Good Luck......Oleander

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2009, 08:12 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Chele60 HB UserChele60 HB UserChele60 HB UserChele60 HB UserChele60 HB UserChele60 HB User

I would agree with Oleander: get it checked out. Put it this way - would you rather give up some time now to get this checked, or not bother with it and have it possibly turn into melanoma? It's your choice, but understand the choice you're making.

As to your question, yes, it is possible for moles to grow back. Cancerous moles, non-cancerous moles. However, you, me, the doctor cannot always tell by merely looking at a re-grown mole whether it is cancerous, non-cancerous, or pre-cancerous. I've had moles that I just "knew" had to be cancerous removed, and there were not. And then the one I thought was not turned out to be melanoma.

It's your choice, it's your life. A little bit of inconvenience is definitely worth the effort.

Old 10-14-2009, 11:12 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User

I have had several large ones removed that all came back. It is upsetting for appearance purposes at least. I founf that using organic apple cider on them helps to kills them off and is beneficial for the skin. It takes time and patience. I also would get frusterated with numerous appointment only to have to scrape them off in 2 seconds.

Closed Thread