It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2009, 05:56 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Oleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB User
New Spot came up overnight

So I just got back from MD Anderson with a clean bill of health for now and I do not have to go back until Jan !!!! Hurray

Then yesterday I notice a tiny purple spot on my chest. Tiny but definately purple. My SCC was purple and most of my Father's melanoma's were gray , lavender and purple. It absolutely came up overnight.

So I have an appt this morning with my local Derm who I like so well.

I will let you know what happens. Oleander

Old 10-20-2009, 07:48 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Chele60 HB UserChele60 HB UserChele60 HB UserChele60 HB UserChele60 HB UserChele60 HB User
Re: New Spot came up overnight

I'm so sorry to hear about this. Perhaps it is absolutely nothing - that's what I'll be hoping for!

Keeping my fingers crossed and keeping you in my thoughts.

Keep us posted!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2009, 10:09 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: New Spot came up overnight

Oleander,

Sorry to hear about the spot. If it's tiny, hopefully it will not be a big problem.

You once mentioned that you are into dieting. So, if it's ok to ask, I wonder if you have ever read anything about foods that promote cancer and foods that help prevent cancer.

I couple of years ago I read a book by a medical doctor who discovered that he had brain cancer at around age 30. It was inoperable because it was the type that was not all in one spot. It was scattered. He was told that he had something like a year or less to live, if I remember correctly. However, at the time he wrote his book he was a survivor for something like fifteen years (I may be off a little, as I am relying on memory).

To make a long story short, he gave a lot of credit for his success to foods that fight cancer (while boosting your immune system). And, at the same time, I believe there were foods that he avoided. The book is: "Anticancer: A New Way of Life" by Dr. Servin-Schreiber.

Another book that I found impressive was, "The China Study" by T. Colon Campbell PhD. He spent most his life studing nutrition and how it relates to cancer. I'm sure you can find a review of it online, if you're interested. Anyway, the bottom line is that the author believes in eating a "plant based diet" to provide the best chance for the prevention of cancer.

I found Dr. Servin-Schreiber's book to be very inspiring because it made me think that if he could overcome inoperable brain cancer, then there's hope for the rest of us.

After reading "The China Study" in 2006, I started eating a plant based diet and I'm still on it. In May of 2010 it will be 4 years. And the reason I got interested in all of this in the first place is because prostate cancer runs in my family and I hope to prevent it. And so far I'm doing very well. There's been no sign of cancer on my yearly check-ups.

Last edited by JohnR41; 12-19-2009 at 10:26 AM. Reason: inserted word for clarity

Closed Thread