It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2010, 02:35 AM   #1
(male)

snowbeast HB User
Dark growth suddenly appeared on foot

I'm in my twenties, and a few weeks ago I noticed that I developed a slightly raised dark spot on my foot overnight. It's about 1mm and the borders look a bit irregular. I'm worried that it's melanoma, but I can't get it checked at the moment as I'm unemployed/and without health insurance. In addition, my family has no history of any cancer, and I have only a few moles on my body. Only two of which are raised (including this dark spot) but all the moles are light brown in color.

For further information, I have pale skin, and I don't go out much in the sunlight. And since my feet are always covered up, they don't exactly get exposed to any UV radiation. I have only been out mainly at night for the past few months. So is this a mole, melanoma, or something else entirely? I'm continuing to monitor this growth for any changes, but I'm hoping that at its current size it won't pose a problem. Please help and thanks!

Last edited by snowbeast; 04-25-2010 at 03:04 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2010, 04:52 AM   #2
(female)

carissa2jackson HB User
Re: Dark growth suddenly appeared on foot

it is so important you get it checked asap.I am unemployed and uninsured also but I just had biopsy and surgery to remove melanoma.I went to local health dept and they referred me to a dermatologist! Please act now it could save your life!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread