It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2010, 03:51 AM   #1
(female)

nmor10c8 HB User
White spot on mole

Hi, I'm really worried about melanoma...I am pale and have a lot of moles. I only found out what melanoma was a few months ago and ever since then it's been making me feel really paranoid, but I guess that's good because I always check my moles really carefully now.

Anyway, about a month ago, a mole under my arm got really itchy, and at the same time a white spot appeared on a freckle lower down my arm. I went to the doctor and he said the itchiness under my arm was because of a fungal infection from shaving, gave me some cream to sort it out and now the itching has pretty much gone away. He said there was nothing to worry about the white spot on the freckle because it was just a freckle. Then he checked all my other moles, including one that looks a bit weird. It's always been kind of heart shaped, and there's a white patch on that too, but I can't remember if it's always been there or not

The thing is my doctor didn't seem that concerned about it and said just come back if there's any changes to them...but if that mole is heart shaped (not round) and not all one colour (with the white spot in the middle) doesn't this mean it's cancerous and should be removed?

Old 06-21-2010, 09:04 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Chele60 HB UserChele60 HB UserChele60 HB UserChele60 HB UserChele60 HB UserChele60 HB User
Re: White spot on mole

Contrary to what we are told, moles can grow in funky shapes. I have a couple that are basically two moles that have grown together, and they look weird! Different colors might be of some concern, but doesn't always mean certain cancer. Melanoma is weird that way.

If this is concerning you - and it probably would me as well - then I would see a dermatologist, one whose speciality is melanoma. Or, you might insist to your doctor to have the mole removed (not the freckle, though, first find out about the mole). I've had to do this before, as doctors have a tendency to dismiss most moles, no matter what they look like.

Good luck, and keep us posted!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread