It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2010, 11:18 AM   #1
(male)

samjrei HB User
Freckle on Sole of Foot

Within the last three weeks to a month, I noticed a freckle growing on the sole of my left foot. Various internet searches indicate that this is somewhat abnormal, but I'm reluctant to go to the doctor because of its small size. Am I being overly paranoid to think that this is something suspicious?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01797.JPG (55.8 KB, 13 views)

Old 08-08-2010, 11:54 PM   #2
(female)

fireweed HB User
Re: Freckle on Sole of Foot

Unfortunately, no one on the forum can tell you what is truly going on with that freckle. But it sounds like you're smart, you've done research and you're concerned. Newly appearing freckles or moles are worth paying attention to. I'd say you should show it to a dermatologist, just to be on the safe side. If it's something that needs to be biopsied and/or removed, you'll be in the right place. If they determine it's nothing to be concerned about, you've given yourself peace of mind. If you go to a general practicioner, make sure they do a biopsy - that's always a wise step to be sure what it is. My brother once had a GP burn off something on his arm and later a dermatologist friend told him it would have been nice to know what it was. He's never had a problem with skin lesions, but it was a good lesson. I've had a few freckles removed after they looked different and my GP always sent them out for testing. best to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread