It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2011, 12:12 PM   #1
(female)

rbkh2cute HB User
Question Spot On Arm. Could it be skin cancer?

I've had this spot on my arm, and it looks like a bruise, but its not sore, and it doesnt itch or anthing. I dont even feel that it's there, it's just there, and i've been waiting for it to go away and it hasnt. It's been here for a couple of months now. It hasnt gotten bigger or smaller it's just stayed the same. Im getting worried. Could it be skin cancer or is it just some harmless spot? Im only 16, so it cant be like a growth spot or whatever those things are called. Please help

Old 03-06-2011, 08:12 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB User
Re: Spot On Arm. Could it be skin cancer?

It's highly unlikely to be skin cancer, due to your age.
Skin cancer is very uncommon at your age.
It could, however, be a precancerous spot which might turn into cancer years down the road if you don't get it taken care of.
Therefore, you should go to the doctor, so they can examine it and remove it if it looks suspicious or like it could potentially cause problems down the road.

Best of luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2011, 06:00 AM   #3
(female)

AngiC HB User
Re: Spot On Arm. Could it be skin cancer?

Hi rbkh2cute.

I have had exactly the same type of "bruise" on my right hip for 5 years.

The doctors say that it's nothing to be worried about - that it's most likely just an old bruise - a bump that got hurt more than once, and became an "insignificant small hemmorhage" that will probably fade over time.

I hope this eases your mind at all... But remember to mention it everytime you go for your regular check-ups, just so that your GP can help you monitor it, but otherwise you should really be fine...

Good luck, and let us know how you're doing.
Angi

Closed Thread