It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2011, 09:24 PM   #1
(male)

deew74 HB User
Looking like skin cancer -help?

Hello,

I just noticed a brown spot on my inner, upper leg, just below my scrotum pretty much in the fold where my leg meets my inner pelvis. Basically, just below my crotch! It could not have been there very long. I dont always visually inspect that area, but certainly have within the last couple months and never noticed anything. I stumbled upon it last night and after doing some research, it really looks like skin cancer. It doesnt hurt but it does have some bumpy looking things.

Could this be skin cancer, or any ideas if it could be something else and what?

I took a camera phone pic. It's about 1/4" one way and a touch longer the other. My goodness this has me very nervous to say the very least
Attached Images
File Type: jpg skin.jpg (36.7 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by moderator2; 05-18-2011 at 07:57 AM. Reason: to show your pics as attachments

Old 05-09-2011, 10:02 PM   #2
(female)

fireweed HB User
Re: Looking like skin cancer -help?

My standard response is, if you never saw it before and it concerns you, get it checked out by a dermatologist. If it's bad news, you've taken care of it as soon as you can. If it turns out to be nothing of concern, you've gained peace of mind.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2011, 11:38 PM   #3
(male)

deew74 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireweed View Post
My standard response is, if you never saw it before and it concerns you, get it checked out by a dermatologist. If it's bad news, you've taken care of it as soon as you can. If it turns out to be nothing of concern, you've gained peace of mind.
Yeah you are right and I'll be visiting my doctor ASAP. I am not good at this stuff, and really I dont know anything else that can happen to the skin to make it look like that. I'm sure things are out there that can sort of mimic this 'other than melanoma, but they elude me. Of course trying to do any research online comes up cancer pretty much 99% of the time. It's very easy to worry about things I cant control when they could turn out serious.

The only other thing I can think of is it seems like a pretty high friction area and can get moist with no light and a lot of activity. I could see a skin thing happening in a place like that, but it doesnt hurt and it seems like most things would. Perhaps an ulcer of sorts, some type of fungal breakout? Eh, I'd love peace of mind asap but there wont be any until the doc checks it.

Last edited by deew74; 05-09-2011 at 11:40 PM.

Old 05-10-2011, 12:02 AM   #4
(female)

fireweed HB User

yeah, be careful doing too much online sleuthing. maybe best to not do any! you can needlessly get yourself worked up. chances are good it's nothing serious but best to know.

Old 05-18-2011, 07:51 AM   #5
(female)

sool HB User

I have always said I would never freak out if I found out I got cancer. But I would freak out if I put off getting something checked out and then it had spread and lowered my change for healing or living. Just take the first step and one minute to look on line for a Dr. close to your home so you are sure to show up.

Last edited by moderator2; 05-18-2011 at 07:58 AM.

Closed Thread