It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2011, 03:10 PM   #1
(female)

sool HB User
has any one been told it is a broken capillarie and it turned out to be cancer

I was born in Ireland so I have very fair skin. I have -- never had any moles at all. Last May I noticed a red like pimple on my chest 2 in from my neck and I though I don't think a pimple would take so long to go a way. It had been there for a few months so I went to have it looked at. The derm said it was a broken capillarie and when I was going to get the full faced co2 laser treatment in a few weeks $2,900. To look younger. I am 46. He said he would laser the capillarie on my chest at the same time and he did. He also said it may take 2 treatments so if it does not go away with the 1 st treatment wait 6 months to 1 year and have it done again. But now a year later it seemed worse and a little blood way coming from it. So going with my gut feeling I saw another Derm on Thursday who took one look at it and said it's skin cancer. I am now waiting on the test results but by this Dr.'s face and the way she said "he used a laser on it " and you could just tell on the way her face she was thinking "holy **** he really f----- things up now" It didn't help she no longer made eye contact with me cut it off I heard her tell the nurse it was 3mm by 6mm but I don't know if that means how long or how deep as I now see on cancer sights that how deep it is means when you say o **** I think I am sol. Said she would give me a name of a plastic surgon near by. At this point I have never had a mole in my life life All I have every been told about skin cancer is that a moles turns brown or black. No one has ever even on Dr.Oz said it may look like a red pimple. So now I read " if found early " will someone tell me does that mean months ? Because I have waited a year like he told me to get the 2 nd. laser treatment and all that time it was cancer ?
I am glad I went with my gut feeling and went to the Dr'a again but being I was born in Ireland and had 4 very server sunburns as a child with 500 to 1,000 blissers each time what are my changes that is only a stage 1 or 2 ? Sorry for the misspelling but it really is the least of my worries right now. My kids ages 25,26,27 and 28 are scared **** but more important I don't want to die !

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2011, 04:46 PM   #2
(female)

sool HB User
bad or good could someone reply to the thread below from sool

The thread below this one is from sool. Good or bad does anyone have any feed back on yourself or a friend that had a red pimple like thing-e that turned out to be cancer and if so I've had this for 1 1/2 years. How long did you or someone you know had cancer form from this red looking patch and please good or bad I am alone and need facts fom others. Thank you for your time.

Old 05-17-2011, 12:06 AM   #3
(female)

Guachara HB User
Re: bad or good could someone reply to the thread below from sool

So sorry you are going through this. If it is basal cell carcinoma, it is typically a slow-growing type of cancer. It is a good idea, however, to have it removed as soon as possible. I am not a doctor, just want to reach out and try to calm you a bit. I've had basal cell on my nose, and it was there for quite a while. I had it removed via Mohs surgery a year ago and I am fine now. I hope you feel better soon.

Old 05-18-2011, 07:37 AM   #4
(female)

sool HB User
Re: bad or good could someone reply to the thread below from sool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guachara View Post
So sorry you are going through this. If it is basal cell carcinoma, it is typically a slow-growing type of cancer. It is a good idea, however, to have it removed as soon as possible. I am not a doctor, just want to reach out and try to calm you a bit. I've had basal cell on my nose, and it was there for quite a while. I had it removed via Mohs surgery a year ago and I am fine now. I hope you feel better soon.
Thank you for your reply. It just made me so worried that in stead of the Dr. saying we will wait for the test to come in and go from there I would have been fine. For a Dr. to just says so it's skin cancer and I will give you a name for a plasic surgon a cross the street because this is going to be a very large and disfiguring scar. Then leave me for a week or two to cry and think I don't want to die. Maybe she already new it was bad but please don't tell me that until you have the test results back. How dumb was that.

Closed Thread