It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2011, 08:22 PM   #1
(female)

mrsboston HB User
Question I think I have skin cancer??

Hi there, I am developing very bad health anxiety lately, seems like I have had one health issue after another. I have not been feeling well, just now energy, tired, pains.. Anyway I am a 29 year old woman and cancer does run in my mothers family. I am not sure that anyone has had skin cancer but I am worried. 3 weeks ago I noticed that I got a few blood bubbles under my skin so I have been inspecting my skin everyday and I notice that I am breaking out in Moles. They start as little freckles I think or thats what they look like. I noticed 2 on my arm that were not there last week and some others also. I have a growth on the bottom of my left foot that looked like a mole but its not a circle and its raised. Its been there for a few years now. It has some brown in it but its not all the way brown. I also noticed a brown spot on the side of my big toe. I thought I got hurt or something but its just a brown spot. I have also noticed in the past couple of months that the I also have white spots on my body, looks like discoloration. I also have gotten in the past month a bunch of those raised brown skin things all over my chest! I have a growth on my neck that the doctor I seen yesterday said was a skin tag. I tried to tell her about the moles coming out of no where but she was very short with me and said yeah sooo, this happens as you get older, I dont think its anything to worry about. She gave me a referral to a dermatologist but said that I should wait until I have some insurance to go, meanwhile I am afraid! I dont know anything about skin cancer. The moles dont look funny, just like normal moles, I have 2 that are a bit raised but I have had them both for as long as I can remember. They weren't always raised but they were always there. I am just very afraid. I have one near my belly button and it must have been kind of raised because I scratched it and it almost came off, now its kind of hard. I also have 2 moles on my thighs that are small and black not far from each other. I do not spend a lot of time in the sun. I do smoke and I need to stop that or I will probably get lung cancer if I dont already have that too. Anyway has anyone had something like this happen to them? For the past few days I have been so SCARED that I cant sleep or even eat. Please any advice or help? I wonder if its to late if I do have it since they are coming up so fast?? I had blood work the other day and everything was normal with that. I have cat scans of my brain and abdomen and pelvis within the past few months that were normal also. Ok thank you in advance for reading my post. I know I seem like a paranoid crazy person but I am just really afraid. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2011, 11:20 PM   #2
(male)

52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User
Re: I think I have skin cancer??

Hello and look up the facts before you see the dermatologist. Most people that get skin cancers are over 50 and the only skin cancer that is really dangerous are internal skin cancers called melanoma. Most people get a pink sore that doesn't go away called Basal Cell and it can be removed very easily and is not a life threat. Blood tests don't show skin skin cancer an only a biopsy can tell and they are only done if the doctor thinks it looks suspicious. Dermatologists know by looking at your skin and can tell you what kind they think they are. I have had 4 Basal Cells skin cancers all found at age 58 and I play tennis and am in the sun a lot. You can google skin cancer pictures to look at some pictures but you could have 100s of moles and not ever have one skin cancer. Even if you do the Dermatologist can burn off or cut out w/o a problem. It can get kind of expensive though. Take care and stay out of sun between 10 AM and 4 PM. I hope that helps and don't worry about it because worry doesn't solve anything.

Old 05-22-2011, 01:14 AM   #3
(female)

mrsboston HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 52ken View Post
Hello and look up the facts before you see the dermatologist. Most people that get skin cancers are over 50 and the only skin cancer that is really dangerous are internal skin cancers called melanoma. Most people get a pink sore that doesn't go away called Basal Cell and it can be removed very easily and is not a life threat. Blood tests don't show skin skin cancer an only a biopsy can tell and they are only done if the doctor thinks it looks suspicious. Dermatologists know by looking at your skin and can tell you what kind they think they are. I have had 4 Basal Cells skin cancers all found at age 58 and I play tennis and am in the sun a lot. You can google skin cancer pictures to look at some pictures but you could have 100s of moles and not ever have one skin cancer. Even if you do the Dermatologist can burn off or cut out w/o a problem. It can get kind of expensive though. Take care and stay out of sun between 10 AM and 4 PM. I hope that helps and don't worry about it because worry doesn't solve anything.
Hi there and thank you for the information I read these are most common between 15 and 29. I am not much concerned with the moles as I am a growth on my foot on second toe in on the bottom. Its brown, does not look like a mole because it is not round, its pretty big actually. I noticed it first a few years ago though it was smaller, never paid much attention was young busy and did not know much about skin cancer. I heard this cancer is rare but still a lot of people get it. The Malanoma is the one I am scared of. The thing I have looks a lot like it though its not as rotten looking as some of the ones I have seen. I wish I would have got it checked long ago. I also noticed there is a brown spot on the toe next to is also, its pretty big though I never noticed it before. I will see the skin doctor though just to be for sure maybe if I have enough money. Sorry wanted to add that the one on my foot is not round its more long I guess you could say, not shaped the same all the way around.

Last edited by mrsboston; 05-22-2011 at 01:16 AM.

Old 05-22-2011, 05:01 AM   #4
(male)

52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User

I'm glad that you are going to get it checked out. It is probably nothing but it will definitely give you peace of mind. If on the small chance it is something, the doctor can take care of it before it gets serious. If you don't mind, let me know when you get the results from the dermatologist. Thanks

Closed Thread