It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2011, 10:13 AM   #1
(male)

HelpMole HB User
Exclamation Black mole the head..

Greetings,
I did see few threads regarding this; however I felt I need some more information hence made a new one.

My mother is 45 years old; she has had a small mole on her head for about 7 years now. However sine it didnít pain or even look at bad, she ignored it until 2 days ago when it starting hurting her.

This is how it looks now ĖPicture Attached Below

IMG_0036.jpg

Since the mole now started painting a lot and was black in color and even three times the size it was 7 years ago she visited a Dermatologist today.
His recommendations after seeing the mole :
1) Take meds to subside the pain and come back after 2 days.
2) I will cut the mole and then exam it.
3) Will advise once I know what it is.
4) However looks like a mole which has been infected.
FYI : My mom did have her hair highlighted (using bleach) about a month ago.
Just wanted to know if someone here knows what we are up against.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2011, 08:42 AM   #2
(male)

HelpMole HB User
Re: Black mole the head..

UPDATE: we visited two doctors (dermatologist) during past 3 days, both of them asked to take strong antibiotics (1 G) for next 5 days so the pain subsides before they can cut it off and send it to the lab. I have made a collage of pictures for last three days. Seems to be shrinking in size.

Attachment 1084

Last edited by Scott_HB; 08-03-2011 at 07:58 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2011, 02:13 PM   #3
(male)

hppy4ever HB User

Okay, just to ease your thoughts a little. I discovered a small "mole" on my forearm when I turned 50. I went to a University of california, Davis tutorial on skin cancers. The mole looked exactly like the melanoma mole and lo and behold it turned out it was. But the most important thing was, the dermatologist immediately biopsied the tumor. I think the positive take away here is that your mom's dermatologist did not biopsy the growth immediately, but recommended a wait period of a few days. Some other factors, my growth did not hurt at all and I even picked it off to see if it was just some bizarre growth. I am not able to view the picture so I cannot say if it looked my mole or not. There are many melanoma sites that have pictures of what the moles look like. Good luck and hope all turns out well for you.

Old 05-30-2011, 02:33 PM   #4
(male)

hppy4ever HB User

This site is not allowing me to view the pictures. Now, my melanoma mole had a shape of a heart where it was a dark black/purple with lighter edges. The one item I remember from the tutorial was to look for small white specks on the mole. This is an indicator ( not 100%) of it not being melanoma. I can't tell you how hard I tried to find small white specks, but I couldn't see them. I blamed it on being 50, you know, can't hear,smell, or see as we get older. There are a lot of indicators and the dermatologist know these when they ar elooking at the mole. see if you can convert the picture to a bmp format. maybe the site has problems with jpg files. It took a week for my biopsy to come back. I had the mole removed and I go in every year for a skin check. It has been five years now and i am still going strong. keep me posted on the status and don't worry.

Closed Thread