It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2011, 12:33 PM   #1
(female)

JPC1987 HB User
Anxiety and Melanoma

Hi everyone,

I'm a 23 year old woman and I have a huge fear that I have a melanoma near my right breast. I have an appointment on Monday to get it checked out but I do not know how I will survive the weekend with this anxiety. I am crying almost hourly.

My mole used to be a very small dark brown, slightly raised mole to the side of my breast. I hadn't checked it out in a few months because I was pregnant. We lost our son about 5 months into the pregnancy and I hadn't been looking at my mole. A few weeks ago I noticed that the mole looked the same but a tiny area around the mole was now pigmented with medium brown pigment (the surrounding area is flat). The entire spot now measures 3mm long and it is a circle. Not a perfect circle but not oblong.

It does not itch or burn or sting and it is soft to the touch and still very slightly raised.

Does anyone have any tips or ideas about this mole? Any way to help me not worry and stress over this until Monday. I feel I have lost so much already in life and I worry about how my husband would take it if I wasn't here.

Thanks
Jessica

The following user gives a hug of support to JPC1987:
solofelix (06-12-2011)
Old 06-11-2011, 04:57 PM   #2
(male)

Talon2 HB User
Re: Anxiety and Melanoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPC1987 View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm a 23 year old woman and I have a huge fear that I have a melanoma near my right breast. I have an appointment on Monday to get it checked out but I do not know how I will survive the weekend with this anxiety. I am crying almost hourly.

My mole used to be a very small dark brown, slightly raised mole to the side of my breast. I hadn't checked it out in a few months because I was pregnant. We lost our son about 5 months into the pregnancy and I hadn't been looking at my mole. A few weeks ago I noticed that the mole looked the same but a tiny area around the mole was now pigmented with medium brown pigment (the surrounding area is flat). The entire spot now measures 3mm long and it is a circle. Not a perfect circle but not oblong.

It does not itch or burn or sting and it is soft to the touch and still very slightly raised.

Does anyone have any tips or ideas about this mole? Any way to help me not worry and stress over this until Monday. I feel I have lost so much already in life and I worry about how my husband would take it if I wasn't here.

Thanks
Jessica
Sorry to hear what you have been going through i wouldnt go jumping to melonma just yet it sounds like normal mole to me ive had several of these removed with small other spots on them as well..

The Following User Says Thank You to Talon2 For This Useful Post:
JPC1987 (06-12-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2011, 06:50 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

This doesn't sound like a serious mole to me. I have had four removed from my nose. One grew from a tiny tiny spot to a quite large raised lump in three weeks, I had it removed with Cryosurgery, it was found to be Non-Malignant. The other three were flat/scaly/brown and all four itched constantly, they were removed with Liquid Nitrogen. All four were biopsied and were Non-Malignant. I never once gave Melanoma a thought, I'd cross that bridge when the time came. Don't start worrying at this stage, Let us know how you get on and Good Luck, Solofelix.

The following user gives a hug of support to solofelix:
JPC1987 (06-12-2011)
Old 06-12-2011, 06:50 PM   #4
(female)

JPC1987 HB User

Thank you, you eased my mind a ton. I took a pic of the mole up close and it scared the living crap out of me. It has a circular round dark center and the brown pigment is just spreading out. The edges have little dark brown dots too. Very scary stuff. I'm hoping it is only atypical and can be removed tomorrow. Up close I can see it is asymmetric, has irregular borders, 2 colors, diameter is the only thinking working in my favor as it is currently only 3mm as of yet. I can tell it's changing I just dont know when it started. Sometime in pregnancy I presume.

Thanks for everything! I'll let you know what happens after my appt.

JPC

Closed Thread