It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2011, 11:53 AM   #1
(male)

ink625 HB User
Could this zit like bump be skin cancer?

I have had this pimple like bump on my forehead for almost 3 weeks. It never seems to get any larger and it never seems to get any smaller. When it initially appeared it looked just like any other zit. On the 3rd day it came to a small head. I was going to pop it but decided to wait until the next day when it might be a little larger and therefore easier to pop. That night while in bed I was feeling the bump to see if it had gotten any larger. While doing this I pushed in a little harder than I intended, and it kind of hurt, but nothing seemed to come out. The next morning when I woke up the bump no longer had a head and no longer hurt. I assumed I must have popped it when pressing on it so I figured it would go away in a few days. Now it's almost 3 weeks later and it's still there. I have used blackhead cleansing cream and 2.5% B. Peroxide Cream and I've had no luck. I'm 27 years old and have had problems with acne since my mid-teens, but I've never had a zit last more than a week. Could it be skin cancer? If not, what else could it be? I have attached some pictures below.

Thanks for your time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (99.3 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (25.9 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (89.9 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (34.7 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by moderator2; 07-01-2011 at 12:03 PM. Reason: to show your pics as attachments

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2011, 07:58 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

gardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB User
Re: Could this zit like bump be skin cancer?

If it was me I would have it looked at..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2011, 10:58 AM   #3
(male)

ink625 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenandcats View Post
If it was me I would have it looked at..
is that your opinion based on what it looks like and the way I described it?

or

is that your opinion only because it's a good idea to get any suspicious spot checked out?

Either way I appreciate your opinion, I'm just wondering which it is. Thanks for your time!

Old 07-02-2011, 04:11 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

I agree to have it looked at. I had a couple of cancerous moles taken off of my face within the last 3 years and one started off looking like a pimple. By the pictures it doesn't look like a zit to me. If it is the start of something get it checked now before it turns into something. Many things like that are non or pre cancerous so the faster you have it looked at, the easier it will be to get it removed it need be.

Best of luck and keep us posted..JJ...

Closed Thread