It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2011, 04:43 PM   #1
(male)

rockyd2 HB User
Degrading mole on skin, HELP.

I've had this mole thingy on my skin since I was born. It's extremely degrading, and i'm seriously self conscious about it. I can't afford surgery so I was wondering if someone knew what it is and any possible home remedies.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 004-11.jpg (56.5 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by moderator2; 07-09-2011 at 05:26 PM. Reason: to show your pics as attachments

Old 07-09-2011, 11:37 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

amyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB User
Re: Degrading mole on skin, HELP.

Looks like a congenital nevi to me. They are moles that appear at birth. My 23 yr. old daughter just recently had the largest one on her lower back surgically removed. As it was strictly a cosmetic procedure, it cost $450.00.

Quote:
any possible home remedies.
None that I know of. If you seriously want it gone, better start saving up some money, like right now.

Last edited by amyd; 07-09-2011 at 11:38 PM. Reason: extra letter

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2011, 09:09 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Chele60 HB UserChele60 HB UserChele60 HB UserChele60 HB UserChele60 HB UserChele60 HB User
Re: Degrading mole on skin, HELP.

It looks harmless to me. Just a thought: if you have it removed, be cautious of scarring - which might be worse than the mole itself. I had three relatively large moles removed as I thought they might lead to melanoma. Because of their size, and the doc did a shave removal, he cauterized the wound. Left terrible scarring, but they were in locations where it didn't matter much. (And I was thankful to be rid of them!)

Get in contact with a dermatologist and find out what he/she will charge for removal and what type of scarring it will incur. Could be you might need to see a plastic surgeon. Once you get a price, then you can start saving. Or work out a billing arrangement.

Closed Thread