It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2011, 07:21 AM   #1
(female)

PixieE HB User
Question Aldara Cream twice day and Fluorocil (chemo) Cream twice day- for BCC skin cancer

Back in November 2009 I was diagnosed with a Basal Cell Carcinoma on my nose. For that I have been through radiation (x-ray Therapy)11/23/09-12/23/09 and V-Beam Laser 04/23/2010. That one is gone. Been returning about every 3 months to Dr. to monitor. But I noticed another bump just outside treatment area and after a few attempts to get the Dr. to biopsy, it was confirmed. Treatment started 5/12/2011 Aldara Cream twice daily for 4 months (on 2 weeks, off 2 weeks).Back to Dr. 5/25/2011 Dr. said not good enough. New treatment started Aldara Cream once day and Fluorocil (chemo) Cream once day if no reaction (red, scab) by June 01, 2011 (one week) double treatment. June 01, 2011 New treatment Aldara Cream twice daily and Fluorocil (chemo) Cream twice daily- alternate creams 4 hours apart for 4 months. Back to Dr. several times for check, stop date to be September 15, 2011. He says looks good. BUT! I feel absolutley AWFUL! Weak, Shaky, Severe Migraine Headaches, Neck pain, Joint pain, Flu-like. I asked Dr. said Aldara causes headache. But still need to treat at least one more month.
Has anyone else had or heard of this combination treatment of Aldara Cream twice daily and Fluorocil (chemo) Cream twice daily- alternate creams 4 hours apart for 4 months???
I'm getting tired of feeling so bad. Does anyone know how long these side-effects will last?...if anyone has heard or knows of any please let me know.
Thanks to all and God Bless!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2011, 09:55 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

gardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB User
Re: Aldara Cream twice day and Fluorocil (chemo) Cream twice day- for BCC skin cancer

What type of doctor are you seeing for this? I have had my mom and sister both have skin cancer on there nose. My sisters was removed MOHS surgery. My Moms was treated with radiation therapy but it returned so she is having Mohs surgery to remove it in 2 weeks.Just wondering why your doc would put you through all this after it returned and just did not do MOHS or send you to a good plastics doc to do it

Old 08-24-2011, 02:04 PM   #3
(female)

PixieE HB User
Re: Aldara Cream twice day and Fluorocil (chemo) Cream twice day- for BCC skin cancer

Hi. Thanks for responding! I am seeing a dermotologist. The Dr. said the radiation therapy was the best choice for my case, and so far that skin cancer is gone. Another skin cancer came just outside the treatment area, and he said he could not use the radiation again. So, now he's treating the whole nose with the 2 creams in order to get any cancers that may be there. I'm off the creams right now, am scheduled to start them back August 29 (on 2 weeks, off 2 weeks) I just can't get rid of this headache and flu like symptoms. I feel awful. I have tried to research and found others saying they have similar side effects from the Imiquimod (aldara) cream. I was wondering how long these side effects last after treatment has stopped. It's kind of scary.

Closed Thread