It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2011, 01:01 PM   #1
(female)

Bermuda89 HB User
Spot on nose

I had a reddish spot on my nose for awhile now. It would bleed sometimes but not that often. Now for the past week it looks like a cut that wont heal. It bleeds more will crust over. It is red and looks raw. I have an appointment but have to wait two weeks. Could this be a basil cell? Are this treatable? Please answer very scared and Know i should of gone to check this out when it first appeared.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2011, 03:12 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Fizzickle HB UserFizzickle HB UserFizzickle HB UserFizzickle HB User
Re: Spot on nose

It could be a basal cell cancer, but don't panic. Caught early, these are easily treated. I've had several on my nose (and a bunch on my face and neck) from too much sun. But in the hands of a good dermatologist or plastic surgeon, you probably wouldn't even have an obvious scar if it needs to be removed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2011, 05:16 PM   #3
(male)

mszach HB User

Bleeding is never a good thing it seems. I'm going through the exact same thing as you, I have to wait until mid-October though. You can always message me if you want to chat, I know how difficult it is.

I was extremely scared when I first noticed the bleeding and put things together via internet research. The thing is, it might not be cancer but by going to see the doctor, you're getting it taken care of early, which is key.

Fizzickle, your story is inspiring, thanks for sharing!

Old 09-17-2011, 02:43 PM   #4
(female)

Bermuda89 HB User

Today it looks much bettter then last week. The wound has cleared up no more bleeding or crusting. It is just a little pink spot which I had before. Does this sound like basil cell? I read that they do bleed heal and start over again? So far it has not started bleeding again. I go the doctor's in another week. I hope they can treat this without cutting it out.

Old 09-29-2011, 10:15 AM   #5
(female)

Bermuda89 HB User

Just back from the doctor's. She did a biopsi thinks it is either a Basal cell or Squamius cell carcinoma. Says these are very common and not malignant. They have different ways of getting it out. She thinks I will need moes surgery. See what the biopsy says but probably will need moes. Scheduled it for Nov 3.

Old 09-29-2011, 10:27 AM   #6
Veteran
(male)

I don't quite understand the dermatologist's statement that basal and squamous cell cancers aren't malignant. Both are malignant. Basal cell cancer doesn't tend to migrate elsewhere. It just eats everything in its way where it is. Squamous cell cancer generally doesn't spread but can. I've had both types on my face and upper torso, and am always glad to get them removed.

I've had 3 moh's surgeries on my nose (different spots). That's the preferred method since it removes minimal tissue to find clear margins.

Old 09-29-2011, 01:43 PM   #7
(female)

Bermuda89 HB User

What I meant that she said it was not Melanoma, which I now is bad. she said the kind i have are treatable.

Old 09-29-2011, 03:30 PM   #8
(female)

Tracey248 HB User

I just joined forum today, and posted a message. But I wanted to respond to your posting. I absolutely share your anxiety. Actually, I had an actinic keratosis or the doctor though it was. I was on Carac cream for a month. But the skin has remainded red, and the doctor will do a biopsy when I go in about 10 days from now.
When do you get your results back? Do you have a derm surgery and a plastic surgeon appointment both scheduled?

Old 09-29-2011, 08:17 PM   #9
(male)

mszach HB User

Sorry to hear that Bermuda, I was hoping it would be benign. Glad it's not melanoma, it's good that you were able to get a reasonably quick appt to get it removed.

Old 10-08-2011, 02:21 PM   #10
(female)

Bermuda89 HB User

Thanks Mszach I got my results back on Thursday. It is a basal cell. I am going to have the moes surgery on November 3. Hate to wait but they only do the moes surgery once a week. The doctor said they should be able to stitch it up and I will have a scar. But at least I can cover any scars with makeup. Will be glad when this is out.

Old 10-09-2011, 05:33 AM   #11
(female)

Tracey248 HB User

Bermuda,
I am sorry to hear your biopsy turned out to be basal cell. Nov is coming soon though.
It sounds like they will close it without a graft which is good.
Please keep me posted how you are.
I had a biospy this past week, am awaiting the results of biopsy.
The doctor said if cancer I will need a graft.
Tracey

Old 10-09-2011, 07:42 AM   #12
(female)

Bermuda89 HB User

Thanks I will be glad when it is off. Good luck with your results let me know how you make out. Jeannie

Last edited by mod85; 10-09-2011 at 07:45 AM.

Old 11-27-2011, 09:06 PM   #13
(female)

Bermuda89 HB User

Had my Moes surgery over three weeks ago. They did a flap and a graft to close it. Had to keep the stiches in for two weeks and keep it bandaged. Then after the stiches came out put steri strips on. Doctor still wanted me to keep nose dry for another five days. Strips fell off on Thursday. Does not look that bad. Still a little crusty scab from where I had some bleeding. Have been wearing a little bandage when i go out, till it starts to look better. Seems to be getting better everyday. Go back to Doctors on Thrusday. Moes surgery was not bad at all. They had to go in twice to get it all out

Old 11-27-2011, 10:17 PM   #14
(female)

Daisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bermuda89 View Post
I had a reddish spot on my nose for awhile now. It would bleed sometimes but not that often. Now for the past week it looks like a cut that wont heal. It bleeds more will crust over. It is red and looks raw. I have an appointment but have to wait two weeks. Could this be a basil cell? Are this treatable? Please answer very scared and Know i should of gone to check this out when it first appeared.
My husband has a spot on his nose, the doctor thinks it is basal cell cancer, and said, "if you have to get cancer, this is the kind to get". Your spot sounds a lot like the one my husband has, you need to get this checked out. My husband had his for three years before he got it checked, but the doctor seems to think it will be ok. If it is basal cell, it is a slow growing cancer.

good luck!

hugs
Daisy

Last edited by Daisy65; 11-27-2011 at 10:20 PM. Reason: I didn't see where you had a biopsy before I posted, sorry about that, so I changed my last sentence.

Old 11-29-2011, 01:45 PM   #15
Veteran
(male)

Hey, I'm glad your Moh's is over.

I laughed because my steristrips fell off too. It takes time for the scabs and redness to go, but I'll bet you'll be happy with the results.

Closed Thread