It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2012, 11:46 AM   #1
(female)

Melane Daigle HB User
Skin mole removed and growing back

I had a 'freckle like spot' removed from my leg. Biopsy was negative and the removal just left a small patch of scar. The 'freckle' grew back and removed again, and now it is a 'bigger freckle, larger than an eraser, smaller than a dime' size. Is this normal?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2012, 11:54 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: Skin mole removed and growing back

I have had three moles removed and a spot that grew into a considerable lump.
What form of removal did you have, my three moles were removed with (Liquid Nytrogen) and the lump by Cryosurgery. None have returned, the surgical lump left a slight indentation and a small scar. It was on the side of my nose (All were non-malignant). The moles have left just a slightly lighter skin colour. You need regular check ups with your Dermo.

Solofelix.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2012, 12:09 PM   #3
(female)

Melane Daigle HB User

both times it was sugically removed (cut out). First time it left a slight indentation and a small scar. Then the 'freckle/mole' returned. Had that sugically removed, there is no scar tissue but is a larger version of the first freckle/mole. It is larger and darker than the first. If the first two biopsies were 'negative', do I need to worry about it becoming malignant?

Old 04-03-2012, 12:29 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melane Daigle View Post
both times it was sugically removed (cut out). First time it left a slight indentation and a small scar. Then the 'freckle/mole' returned. Had that sugically removed, there is no scar tissue but is a larger version of the first freckle/mole. It is larger and darker than the first. If the first two biopsies were 'negative', do I need to worry about it becoming malignant?

If you are not doing a follow up with your Dr then I think you should do so as
it's better to be safe than sorry.
We are not Drs on here and only a Dermotologist can advice you on something like this.
It may be nothing to worry about but why not set your mind at rest.

Solofelix.

Old 04-03-2012, 12:58 PM   #5
(female)

Melane Daigle HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by solofelix View Post
If you are not doing a follow up with your Dr then I think you should do so as
it's better to be safe than sorry.
We are not Drs on here and only a Dermotologist can advice you on something like this.
It may be nothing to worry about but why not set your mind at rest.

Solofelix.
Good advice, I will take it. It is just always so tempting to keep putting it off! Thanks.

Closed Thread