It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2012, 03:43 PM   #1
(female)

sunshinexo HB User
Question About Shave Biopsy Healing

I just have a quick question about a past skin biopsy I had :).

Last July, I had a skin biopsy of a mole that was on my leg that just kinda made me uncomfortable. I just didn't like the look of it. The derm was very understanding (thus I going to visit her again on Monday for my annual :) doing it early since I'm moving) and removed it (shave biopsy), even though she was very sure it was nothing. The results came back and it was indeed nothing to be worried about :).

Now, my question is, the healing of this spot. It's been like this ever since it healed, but I noticed that there are small little dark/light brown spots inside the scar. Is it just scar tissue? The mole/freckle that was there was a very light brown. Did they just not get all of it? My other shave biopsy is completely white and normal with no spots. I mean... I'm sure it's nothing :) but I guess I wanted to see if anybody else had the same thing? I would post a picture but the fiance :p took my camera cord so I could load the pictures to use to charge his phone lol.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:12 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Chele60 HB UserChele60 HB UserChele60 HB UserChele60 HB UserChele60 HB UserChele60 HB User
Re: Question About Shave Biopsy Healing

I think sometimes it depends on the size of the mole and how much is taken in the biopsy. I had a very large mole on my breast that had all the potential earmarks of melanoma. I wanted it gone, my doc at the time thought it was nothing and told me removing the mole would leave an ugly scar on my breast. I didn't care. He agreed to remove it via shave biopsy, but he tried to remove only the bare minimum and without too much "damage." It left a bit of dark tissue behind.

I also noticed several freckles sprung up around the scar from my wide excision as well. That freaked me out more than anything, as melanoma had been discovered there. It isn't unusual for one's skin to react in such a way, though it can be a bit unsettling. Just be certain to keep an eye on it during your home skin checks and point out anything you might be really concerned about to your dermatologist!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread