It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2012, 08:06 AM   #1
(male)

news2jb HB User
Mohs on the forehead

I'll be having a basal removed from my forehead. It's located directly between my eyes.

Any insight as to whether this will change my facial expressions? Does anyone have experience with Mohs in this area?

Thank you, in advance, for any comments.

Old 06-14-2012, 01:18 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Chele60 HB UserChele60 HB UserChele60 HB UserChele60 HB UserChele60 HB UserChele60 HB User
Re: Mohs on the forehead

Do you mean "change your facial expressions? Or do you mean if you will have facial scarring or disfigurement? If you are having MOHS surgery, the possibility of disfigurement and scarring is lessened, by the procedure itself. And, typically, whenever skin cancer is removed from facial tissue, there is always the possibility there might be reconstructive surgery involved. Depending on how much, a surgeon may begin reconstructive surgery at the time of the MOHS surgery. Your doctor would be able to answer your questions more definetively.

If your question is to ask if your actual facial expressions will change? I would think they really wouldn't. If the basal cell is right between your eyes, and that area will be operated on, if you have any of those "frown lines," they might less noticeable. Maybe? Again, your doctor would be the best person to ask.

Good luck! It sounds as though you've got this under control!

The Following User Says Thank You to Chele60 For This Useful Post:
news2jb (06-14-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread