It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2012, 01:39 PM   #1
(female)

Uneek2588 HB User
Afraid I have skin cancer

I am 28 light skinned with blue eyes and dark hair. I've tanned a few times in my life (for proms and weddings) but that was a few times at the tanning booth. I swim on the weekends but don't actually lay out in the sun.

On Friday I was swimming at my sister-in-laws when my husband noticed a small birthmark above my elbow now has a small raised black spot in the middle of it. This looks to me like a suspicious mole to me as thecedges of the birthmark are not completely rounded and now therevis the tiny oval which is black in the center. I intend to call a dermatologist first thing tomorrow morning.

7 years ago I had a small lump on my hand. It looked like an ingrown hair so I started squeezing it until it bled I thought I had got everything out of it. Since then the area healed into a raised almost dome shape that is solid. I don't know if this is scar tissue or something serious I've been ignoring the entire time.

I am freaking out especially over the mark on my hand because if it really is something more it has been left untreated for 7 years. Just wondering if these sound like anything anyone else has had?

I am leaving for a week and a half long vacation on the 21st and I doubt I will have answers by then heck I may it even have an appointment by then I don't know how I am going to not let this consume my trip!

Scared and anxious!

Old 07-08-2012, 01:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Afraid I have skin cancer

The thing on your hand sounds like a granuloma or fibroma, a growth of scar tissue from trauma and inflammation to the area. If you look it up online, you may see some that look like it. The black spot should be checked by dermatologist. It doesn't matter if the birthmark has an uneven edge, but it does if the black spot has irregular edges. Any chance this is a small blood blister from a pinch? If so, it will shrink and disappear soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread