It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2012, 10:46 AM   #1
(female)

normaneon HB User
scrapping or cutting

I had a biopsy 3 weeks ago, just told it was Squamish cell carcinoma. I was givien a choice of having it scraped by the P.A or have the Dr. cut it out. The nurse said the Dr. reccomended the scraping, the spot is on my forearm.

Does anyone know what the scrapping means or which is the best way to go?

Old 09-17-2012, 04:03 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Chele60 HB UserChele60 HB UserChele60 HB UserChele60 HB UserChele60 HB UserChele60 HB User
Re: scrapping or cutting

I think my gut reaction would be to have it cut out. But then, I had melanoma and I just wanted the best possible approach to getting that out of me!

Scrapping, which is done for Basal and Squamous Cell Carcinomas, is done by literally scrapping the growth (tumor) away with a curette - a long spoon-shaped instrument. Then the doctor uses a mild eletrical current to - in effect - cauterize the wound so no stitches are needed. This is typically done if tumor is very small and not in area where recurrence might be a problem (face, lower arms, etc). It can be simple and effective.

If the doctor cuts out the tumor, s/he usually also takes some surrounding tissue as well. If the tumor is very small, then not much will be needed. Mostly likely, you will need a stitch or two or three, which might prove an annoyance.

It really depends on the size and location. This is your decision and whatever you feel comfortable with in regards to your body.

Good luck!

The Following User Says Thank You to Chele60 For This Useful Post:
normaneon (09-18-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2012, 05:42 AM   #3
(male)

olddurro HB User

Before going in for surgery I'd try an alternative treatment. It worked for me and my dear father and it's worked for thousands of others.

I completely cured myself of Actinic Keratosis (AK) (cancer pre-cursor) with the sap of Milkweed (Peplus Euphorbia). It also completely cleared up my Father's Squamous Cancers, he had many on his head and back. He had twice previously been treated with surgery and the skin grafting on his head looked a mess and he was unwilling to go under the knife again.

Milkweed has long been used as a cure for warts and non-melanoma skin cancers and is currently being developed as a topical treatment by a private Danish Company Leo Pharma. The milkweed extract is known as PEP005. The original work was started by an Australian company Peplin in 1998.

There's plenty of information on this on the web and you can treat your SCC with the raw milkweed sap in complete confidence - just make sure you don't get it in your eyes! For a lesion of 1 cm (~ 1/2") diameter squeeze 5 to 10 drops of sap onto the cancer/AK, use the milkweed stalk to spread it if necessary. Remove any sap that gets onto healthy skin with a damp cloth/cotton bud. Leave for 24 hours, area will redden, hit it again with the same dose. You should see a marked improvement within a few days. Repeat as required, 2 or 3 treatments will finish off most small lesions (< 1cm); AK will usually be cleared by 1 good dose. When the cancer is killed it will leave healthy skin. Larger cancers will need a bit of mopping up when they die.

Euphorbia Peplus is very widespread and is often found in gardens. It is shallow rooted and I've found that you can pull up a plant, transport it and use it a day or two later. All the stems have some "milk" in them. Just break off a stem and squeeze.

Best of luck.

Last edited by Administrator; 02-11-2014 at 10:57 PM.

Old 01-26-2013, 01:52 PM   #4
(female)

Coryad HB User

Hi! I am really interested in the milkweed sap. I have not heard of it before, but I have heard of the eggplant product, Curaderm. Where do you get the sap?

Closed Thread