It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2012, 11:55 PM   #1
(female)

jenxyz HB User
Exclamation Possible melanoma? Not sure? Here's my story

I have a mole on my face, and I've messed with it about a year ago by trying to remove it with melanoma. It didn't work, and grew back. I used dermatend, and the main ingredient is blood root. It worked on 2 other moles, so I was surprised that it didn't work for the mole on my face. When it grew back, it got a rash, and my doctor gave me a rash cream that I used, which made the rash disappear within days. I've went back to her office a couple times because there has been a new itching sensation, and she examined it (very quickly) and said it was fine, and the other time she said it was allergies and gave me some allergy medicine, which ended up working (since the mole is near my nose) . Sometimes now I get itching sensations, but it goes away quite quickly. And the mole isn't uniform in color, it has a few spots of flesh color to it. But when I look closely, the flesh spots is where hair is growing, so I suspected it to be hair follicles. Sound like melanoma to you, or no?

Old 10-12-2012, 10:45 PM   #2
(female)

Ilovedollhouses HB UserIlovedollhouses HB UserIlovedollhouses HB UserIlovedollhouses HB User
Re: Possible melanoma? Not sure? Here's my story

I am confused about your saying you tried to "remove it with melanoma"....I am going to assume you meant you feared this problem and used something else....Either way, if you are going to a Dermatologist and she said that it is OK, then I am sure she may have done a biopsy on it....If not, then you may want to see one to have this checked out....

If I may add, never try to remove any mole from your body...Nowadays with the danger of what the Sun can do to your skin, you could be getting rid of the one piece of evidence that changes and allows you to notice the difference in sizes and colors which shows this disease in action....Let it be done by the professionals...

I have a son who has had this so am very aware of both the perils and what to look for with this....Take care...ILD....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
melanoma, mole, skin cancer