It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2012, 05:23 PM   #1
(female)

blacksolaris HB User
Unhappy nervous about this mole

okay, i'm 20 and i've had this huge mole on my inner thigh. it's been there ever since i was born and it hasn't changed shape or color or anything like that at all. but one day my thigh was itching really badly and without thinking, i just reached down and scratched really hard and accidentally scratched the mole. a big chunk of it actually came off and it started bleeding pretty badly. now it has this weird white-ish dry patch on it, almost like a scab. it looks really gross and i'm scared that it might be cancerous because it bled. could it just be infected? i'm afraid to go to the doctor because i don't want to be told that i have skin cancer because i'm better off not knowing..

The following user gives a hug of support to blacksolaris:
bbroke (10-09-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2012, 11:12 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

bbroke HB Userbbroke HB User
Re: nervous about this mole

Hey, you have infected by scratching our skin and nails contain germs, if you had gone to skin doc he would have removed it with machines and tools Hygienic manner to remove your stress. Now visit doc and get his opinion.
Happy healing
Bb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2012, 01:18 PM   #3
(female)

Hyacinthe609 HB User
Re: nervous about this mole

If the mole has been there all your life, most likely it is nothing. I had a mole on my foot for my entire life and I only recently had it removed...and it was perfectly fine. Don't be afraid to go to the doctor's...he/she will just remove and biopsy it (which is no big deal, trust me...they give you a quick shot to numb the area, they remove the mole, and it just leaves a cut that will heal completely in about 2 weeks). The scar is also minimal. My advice is to not worry, but schedule the dr. appointment and get it checked out. I'm sure you will be fine. Good luck!

Closed Thread