It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2012, 03:44 PM   #1
(female)

mandah2386 HB User
Terrified I have melanoma

I have several moles on my body but 3 in particular are really worrying me. The most worrysome is on my neck. I've had it since I was a child and it's rather large, bigger than a pencil eraser. It's scaly and dry, sometimes around the mole will itch but not the mole itself and I've noticed sometimes I get something like a shooting pain around the area too but the mole itsn't painful at all.

The second worrysome one is on the bottom of my foot. It's not really a mole, but a freckle I guess. It's real small but everything I've read online is most of the time anything on your foot is cancerous.

And the 3rd is a mole on my stomach. It's teeny tiny but I swear it wasn't there til after this summer when I had been laying out. My husband swears I've always had it but even if I have it's definately darker.

I have made an appt with a derm but it's not til dec 3rd which feels like an eternity away. I just know that I have melanoma and I'm going to die. To top it off I'm 5 weeks pregnant so my anxiety about this is 1,000x worse.

Last edited by Administrator; 11-13-2012 at 03:58 PM.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:42 PM   #2
(female)

mmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB User
Re: Terrified I have melanoma

Relax! From what you said, it does not sound like melanoma. But the dermatologist will make the dx and treat as needed. Use sunscreen, even in the winter months and on your baby when he or she arrives. That is the best skin care you can give yourself.

Last edited by mod85; 11-13-2012 at 10:18 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2012, 01:31 PM   #3
(female)

mandah2386 HB User
Re: Terrified I have melanoma

Thanks for your reply. I went this morning to my regular dr and had him look at them because I was driving myself crazy with it. I had spent most of the morning crying. He said they all looked perfectly normal and even went ahead and shaved the one on my neck off because he knew I was so worried about it. He said it was perfectly normal though but anything they take off they have to send off to the lab so at least I will know 100% that it's normal within 3 days. I feel SO much better!

Closed Thread