It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2013, 12:57 AM   #1
(female)

Aliciadear HB User
Should I see a doctor? Sore that won't heal!

Hi everyone,
This is my first posting. I am 22 years old and have no history of skin related issues in my family and I have pretty clear skin otherwise. I am rather fair skinned and I was a swimmer for many years growing up, which could explain why I could possibly at risk, but we only swam outside for summers and I never was outside for the purpose of tanning. I have had some bad sunburns but not typically in the area of the sore. I have a sore on the middle of my back that I initially thought was a random back pimple. I've had a few of these but they've always stayed small and have gone away quickly. I've had this sore for at least 6 months and its kind of itchy so I thought it might be sticking around because I irritate it (picking and itching) but I'm starting to get concerned. It looks like a crater and its been bleeding more lately. I honestly don't know if its grown over time. It's not excessively large though. I don't have a dermatologist because I've never needed one. I'm posting the picture to see what some of y'all might think. Should I just go see my regular doctor? Should I find a dermatologist? Should I leave it alone? I've been scaring myself looking at symptoms for different kinds of cancer so any advice would be helpful. I don't want to pay for a visit if its unnecessary and I also don't want to be laughed at by a doctor :/

http://i45.tinypic.com/23utx90.jpg

I have more at different angles if needed. Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-07-2013, 05:22 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Should I see a doctor? Sore that won't heal!

Yes, you should see a Dermatologist. I think this should be biopsied to rule out a possible basal cell carcinoma. Skin cancers can occur in peple your age and the back is a common site. These are treatable, but should be treated when small before they get too deep. Please go. No Dr. should laugh at you or even question why you would seek help for something like this that has been there 6 mos.

Old 03-20-2013, 02:38 PM   #3
(male)

takingbackpay HB User

I have something similar on my leg. I need to get to a doctor. Did you ever find out what his is?

Old 03-25-2013, 07:52 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Johands333 HB UserJohands333 HB User

My husband plays golf a lot. About 10 years ago he got this sore on his collar bone and thought it was from skin rubbing when he hits the ball. Sometimes it would heal up and nothing for a while. Then it would bleed and he'd have a bandage on it again. Well 2 months ago (remember this is in winter), he had a shiny patch of skin on his back that was tan and gray. He told his regular doctor about it and was sent to a surgeon, not a dermatologist. To make a long story short, both the one near his collarbone and the one on his back were basal cell carcinoma -- skin cancer. He just had his surgery a couple of weeks ago . Even though on the surface both were the size of a quarter when you looked at them, his incisions are about 3 inches long. He was given general anesthsia and it lasted about 45 min. HE will go back next week to see how it's healing and he has to have another biopsy to show the cancer is gone. I thought the one on his back was funny looking, but who knew the 10 year sore was cancer? I was shocked. So was he. Get your sore diagnosed. You'll be glad you did.

Reply Reply

Tags
pimple