It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2013, 04:46 AM   #1
(female)

mollyboz HB User
Skin cancer Mohs surgery

Well it's now 12 weeks since my Mohs surgery on my nose and cheek flap reconstuction. When I look in the mirror it still does not look my nose I guess it takes time for it to heal and for the nose to go back to my normal position. I have to have more surgery for cancer on my forehead and eye. The surgeon found them after doing the Mohs surgery. Anybody else had this kind of surgery on face ?
Thankyou

Old 05-20-2013, 09:57 PM   #2
(female)

beachgurl1 HB User
Re: Skin cancer Mohs surgery

Hi, very sorry to hear that you are dealing with so much surgery. I had MOHS surgery in 2009 on the left 'cupid bow' of my upper lip for a basal cell that I had rather ignored for about 5 years. By the end of the procedure they had removed a pie shape wedge from my upper lip to my nose (not just several layers, but like a piece of pie removed from the whole). My lip never did look the same and I eventually had scar revision surgery, as the plastic surgeon said he could not reconstruct the lip. I still do not have the cupids bow point on the left side of my lip, but most everyone that did not know of the surgery states that they would never of known if I hadn't told them. I guess the point I am getting at is that we are more critical of our own bodies (especially faces for some) and even though it may not be the result you want...it is more than likely still a beautiful result and more importantly a cancer free result. Your surgeries sound more large scale than mine, but I am happy to try my best to answer any questions you might have since I have undergone similar surgery on a smaller scale. Best wishes to you for a very speedy recovery from all of this...and also a happy one

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply