It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2013, 03:50 AM   #1
(female)

elly11 HB User
feeling scared

I wonder if any one can tell me how reliable dermoscopes are?I had a small black mark under my sole,near the heel for about 10 years.I rarely look at it but I have noticed it has gone bigger so I went tothe dermatologist who looked at it with her dermoscope and said "she'd be very surprised if it is benign" of course now I'm terrified! She's put me in for an excision biopsy on 10thJune and on the meantime I've been checking it out on the Internet and now I'm feeling really full of doom and gloom.My mark/mole is now about 9mm brown with different shades.I'd just like to know has anyone else had this kind of lesion or diagnosis from just looking through a dermoscope?I'm really hoping she's wrong!

Old 06-06-2013, 02:21 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Linda1652 HB UserLinda1652 HB UserLinda1652 HB UserLinda1652 HB UserLinda1652 HB UserLinda1652 HB User
Re: feeling scared

I would think if it were Melanoma, it would have grown faster in 10 years. It could be one of those pre melanoma moles. I've had a few of those. I thought melanomas were usually the size of a pencil eraser---1 cm.

Best wishes and let us know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2013, 03:28 PM   #3
(female)

elly11 HB User
Re: feeling scared

Hi Linda, just to let you know it was completely benign and the doctor said she has no idea why it looked like a melanoma and was also growing.
Thanks for your precious reply

Reply Reply