It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Stomach Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2004, 02:45 PM   #1

tnstudent HB User
? about stomach cancers and such

We have a family history of colon cancer. about a year ago i had an ulcer. Never got the barium x-ray done or the other 1,799.00 worth of tests he wanted me to do.

WEll, it seems like that I have a decreased appetite. My stool samples fluctuate greatly but that is normal for me. Althought I did take a nutrition class this fall. Maybe I am eating better. I have been taking cough and cold meds -- I know this decreases the appetite as well.

Do I have a wrong train of thought???

Should I be concerned???

Old 05-05-2004, 04:00 PM   #2

sarah1000 HB User
Re: ? about stomach cancers and such

When i was getting all my acid reflex tests done, i asked a lot about ulcers because that's what i thought I had. My doc told me that 80% of ulcers are caused by H pylori bacteria, did you take antibiotics when you had the ulcer last time? If not, or if the doc didn't prescribe an effectice one, it's very possible for them to return, and that H pylori bacteria and ulcers are associated with stomach cancer (I don't think they know yet whether it's cause and effect or the same conditions that lead to ulcers are similar to the changes that occur for stomach cancer).

If it's colon cancer you are also concerned about, i know it's not fun but those colonoscopies are life savers, if you've got a family history, it might be worth checking with your doc about when to get the first one done. (The good thing is that once you have it done, it's years before you need another!)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread